• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Chris Evans an Irritating T*at?

Noooooooooooooooooo!!
Zoe ******* 'My dads Jonny Ball' Ball. The only good thing about her now is she cant also constantly add that shes married to Fatboy slim and she wont be ruining Popmaster anymore.
Berry is shite on Absolute as well so it looks like 4extra until 930 rolls around.
I concur, she is fucking useless & irritating on the same level as Evans.

Why can’t they just find some fresh talent. Doesn’t have to be some thrusting young buck, just somebody new, fresh & not fucking irritating..

How hard can it be.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I concur, she is ******* useless & irritating on the same level as Evans.

Why can’t they just find some fresh talent. Doesn’t have to be some thrusting young buck, just somebody new, fresh & not ******* irritating..

How hard can it be.
I'm free!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder if they could persuade Ken Bruce to get out of bed earlier?

I am actually pleased to see that Zoe has got the job, I quite liked her on R1.
However it is now a toss up between her and the lovely Lauren Laverne for morning radio shows and I think that LL's taste in music will swing it as she won't have to play the shite mainstream R2 playlist.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I think this, off Alan Partridge, sums up what radio 1 DJs morphed into during the nineties:

From one irritating c*** to another, haven't listened to Radio2 breakfast since Evansd destroyed it...with fucking Ball there is no chance

I might have known it would be another female getting the job, but at least this one has form.

And she has one major saving grace - she isn't Chris "Wandering Fingers" Evans.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
From one irritating c*** to another, haven't listened to Radio2 breakfast since Evansd destroyed it...with ******* Ball there is no chance
Spot on.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Jesus Christ...

Judging by the amount of coverage it's getting on TV, the internet and radio right now anyone would think the Vatican were choosing the next bloody Pope.

Since when was replacing some rich, gobby, ginger prick with the daughter of some bloke who did a bit of maths on TV at some point in the 1980s, on some radio station that people only listen to because the one they used to listen to has now been turned into some trip-hop, R & B, crap-fest - been newsworthy, let alone "breaking news"...?

On the BBC website, apparently the most read story so far today is some love island contestant from last year has had something banned on Instagram.

And I moan at you lot for posting about politics.

Jeez.... please accept my apologies.

Stopped listening to R2 in the morning when Chris Evans turned up.Johnnie Walker is very listenable,Lisa Tarbuck is OK.Bomber Harris on Thursday Night,that's about it.i suspect I don't fit into R2's target audience.

Stopped listening to R2 in the morning when Chris Evans turned up.Johnnie Walker is very listenable,Lisa Tarbuck is OK.Bomber Harris on Thursday Night,that's about it.i suspect I don't fit into R2's target audience.
My 'go to' lately is OJ Borg on iPlayer (has to be iPlayer, 'cuz he does the graveyard slot between 00:00 and the tedious manchild Gary Davis at 03:00)

Sadly, he's an irregular contributor, and there's an irritating imsnomniac by the name of Geoff lloyd sitting in for this week. Pity the poor late-night truckers of this realm

As an aside, on my homebound commute t'other day, just before I defaulted to to OJ even more hastily than usual, I clocked that Simon Mayo had lost his voice, only to be replaced pro tem by the (probable paedo?) and distinct non-entity Paddy O'Connell.

I feel like I'm being marginalised.

In reality - as the slow, seemingly endless drip of 70s rock-star obituaries grinds relentlessly on to remind us - 'we' are approaching/have attained retirement, and are a dwindling audence segment.

When Tony Blackburn, Johnnie Walker and Whispering Bob finally shuffle off to join John (Margrave of the Marshes) Peel, those few of us still above ground are going to be entirely uncatered for by the beeb

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Who does? No one on here as this thread shows!