Choosing Role - Odds Of Getting Choice/Time Waiting

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
If you pas for your 3 choices you will be put on the national list depending on you score at SC. For Dog Handler, if you don't get an A grade then look at a different choice (even with an A you could be looking at over 12 months). Everyone that goes to SC after you and scores more than you will go above you on the list (just like you are going above everyone you score higher than).

Be aware that you are only on the list for your first job choice. If you decide that the wait is to long for your choice then you need to ask your CSM to change the order of your choices. Be aware that with your first and third choices you also have to do Corps selection after SC.

You have to agree to the trade you are allocated to so the Army won't just put you in the Infantry for example. Once you have been to SC your CSM 'should' tell you what your options are.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Long story short basically approaching end of Uni course and after consideration for quite a wee while looks like I'll be signing up when I leave. I've read and got pretty much clued up on most of the whole process of joining and that. Only thing that's bugging me a bit is when it comes to your 3 choices. Basically mine are:

1. Dog Handler
2. Mariner
3. INT Op

However I was wondering what the process is when it comes to allocation. The way I understand it there's a waiting time for my 1st choice so how does it work? Is it a case of if you really push for a choice you'll go onto the waiting list? Or is it second choice all the way and you don't have a say?

Also one thing that I'm worried about is if I don't get none of my choices. Is it possible to leave/fight for your three choices or does the army pretty much have the right to do with you what it wants?

Stupid questions I know but any genuine answers would be much appreciated.
Mmm. Can't see the Int Corps being too impressed at being third choice, but the best of luck with your application, you certainly seem to have very wide interests.

Dog_Man

Swinger
If you pas for your 3 choices you will be put on the national list depending on you score at SC. For Dog Handler, if you don't get an A grade then look at a different choice (even with an A you could be looking at over 12 months). Everyone that goes to SC after you and scores more than you will go above you on the list (just like you are going above everyone you score higher than).

Be aware that you are only on the list for your first job choice. If you decide that the wait is to long for your choice then you need to ask your CSM to change the order of your choices. Be aware that with your first and third choices you also have to do Corps selection after SC.

You have to agree to the trade you are allocated to so the Army won't just put you in the Infantry for example. Once you have been to SC your CSM 'should' tell you what your options are.

Great that pretty much answered the question. Thanks!

Latest Threads