Choosing engineer regiment

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Faustic, Feb 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

Do you get a choice in which engineer regiment you join or are you just put where there are vacancies?

2. You can volunteer for 24 Regt

3. You get to put in a Posting Preference

It is then totally ignored and you get sent to fill a gap

Makes you feel involved though :roll:

4. cannot put it any better than that. :D :wink: :D :wink:

5. Well, you ask for a geographic area, ie UK North, UK South, or Germany. They then flip a coin to choose one of the 2 you didn't pick, and post you there.

6. Don't forget... it's called an 'Assignment Order' not an 'Assignment What holiday resort would you like us to send you to?'

If it's your first posting then you'll go where you're bloody well told... simple as that!

7. If it's your second posting then you'll go where you're bloody well told... simple as that!

If it's your third posting then you'll go where you're bloody well told... simple as that!

If it's your forth posting then you'll go where you're bloody well told... simple as that!

Etc etc etc etc.....

8. Now you mention it... you're right!!!

9. Dont forget the second choice's

Chatham or not

10. [​IMG]

11. [​IMG][/quote]

I thought this was a thread about Engineer postings not Everton Football Club :p

12. What they said...

I put in for Northern Ireland after Gib, got fcking bast*rd Ripon. Put in again for NI after that, got sent to Germany. Asked to stay in Germany, got sent to Grimbish. W@nkers!

That said, the old cliche is true - postings are what you make of them. I acted the mong in Ripon and suffered accordingly. Loved Hameln and Wimbish though - despite my initial reservations - and now look back at both with a warm nostalgic glow.

At the end of the day, whichever unit you get sent to is the best in the Corps.

13. Gentleman I am afraid I need to interject into this discussion, having worked at Manning and Records.

Firstly the process is very complicated and stringently policed.

Secondly the blind folded monkey, who throws the dart at the postings map, has been trained to a very high standard.

14. Apologies if this is a bone question!!

So, basically the corp put you in a regiment that they want to fill a place in?

What about if you want to go for 23 or 24 regiment?

On the subject of 23 and 24, I read conflicting information, have read in places that you cant apply for the these 2 until after 2 years, in other places I have read you can volunteer to join either of these 2