Choosing a mobile phone upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by carlbcfc, Mar 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Contract up soon, and Vodafone have made me an offer..

Sony Ericsson Vivaz
    900 mins
    Unlimited Landlines
    Unlimited Texts
    Unlimited Internet

18 month £35pm

24 month £30pm

Never heard of the phone before today, anyone got one? I looked at the iphone but I take a lot of pics & vids, so the 3.2mp iphone is just not good enough for me.

2. 1. Look for the reviews on google
    2. You do know that a camera of that fashion 3.2 is enough, anything more starts taking the piss and can infact make the image worse

Linky

For example, that was taken from someones iPhone.

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

if you're that serious about pics and vids, why not buy a camera?

4. I do not want to downgrade my camera to be honest. I currently use an N85 which has a 5mp camera with duel flash, this does the job for me.

I do use the phone as an mp3 player, and again it does the job I want. I do not need an ipod, so why do I need an iphone? Add the fact your tariff choice is also limited.

5. I have got a camera, but it is not the kind of thing you carry everywhere, where as you do with your phone.

Also offered N97 Mini & X6, but they are just clones of what I already have.

Are these HTC's anygood?

6. If you're focused on the camera, get the Sony Ericsson Vivaz. Enough said.

7. Spoke to Voda again, they have offered the Nokia N900, which seems to be perfect but for the lack of absolutly shockingly standard MMS!

They offer this on the 900mins, Un Texts, Un Landlines, Un Net deal, but £35 over 24 months. Does anybody know any tricks to get them to budge on that? I'd prefer £30 over 18 months. How far can the retention teams go?