Choose to work with an EOD team?

I'm starting phase 1 in September as an EWSO and I was wondering what/if there is the process for volunteering to work with an EOD team. How likely is it and how would I go about putting myself forward for it?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I'm starting phase 1 in September and I as wondering what/if there is the process for volunteering to work with an EOD team. How likely is it and how would I go about putting myself forward for it?

Cheers.
Ahem - starting phase one for what?

Seen.

Just trying to give ya a fighting chance of getting an answer.

FWIW, you probably won't get the answer you're looking for because it'll likely depend on your posting. But I was never a signaller....

I'm starting phase 1 in September as an EWSO and I was wondering what/if there is the process for volunteering to work with an EOD team. How likely is it and how would I go about putting myself forward for it?
Finish Phase 1. Then work hard during Phase 2, at some point you'll get asked to fill out a Posting Preference Proforma (or whatever we call it now, aka "dream sheet"). At that point, you should have some knowledge as to what postings are available (including EOD units), stick down your three preferences on your "dream sheet", then hope you don't get sent to Mordor Barracks (14SR) anyway.

As said above, put one of the EOD squadrons down on your posting preference sheet. It totally depends on how many people 14 Sigs require as to whether or not you get it.

Of my course of 15, 10 went EOD and 5 to 14 Sigs. Varies as manning requires.