Chit to cover cost of house re-purchase

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Greenback, Jun 4, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was posted from Plymouth to Catterick Jan 01 and decided to leave my family in Plymouth until the end of my daughter's school year, I also had an imminent tour of Kosovo so it made no sense to move them and then bugger off for six months. We sold our house when I returned (Aug 01) and were told we could claim back the associated fees with moving only if we intended to purchase again, however there was a six month timeframe imposed on that, so we missed out on that.
    I have now heard that I may be entitled to a 'chit' that will cover the cost legal of fees etc for if/when I re-enter the housing market.
    Anybody else know anything about this, questions directed to my clerks resulted in the usual muttered response about looking into it for me when they get a chance.

2. There is such a thing, and can be found in the good old RAAC under 'Withdrawal from the Property Market on Posting' or words to that effect.

However if you sell your house and wish to claim legal fees, you must buy one at your next posting, or the one after that. If you are get the money, but don't follow the rules (ie you have to travel daily to work from it etc), then the MOD will ask for the money back sharpish !!

I just happened to be looking at it the other day - how handy is that !! :D

3. You said I can find the info on house repurchase chits it the RAAC, sorry if I am being thick but what is that?

4. Been out a while, but if I remember correctly is Regulations for Army Allowances and Charges held in th RAO.

5. That's the bad boy - riveting bed time read. At least it is in plain English though - no like the Pensions Warrant :cry: