• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Chit to cover cost of house re-purchase

I was posted from Plymouth to Catterick Jan 01 and decided to leave my family in Plymouth until the end of my daughter's school year, I also had an imminent tour of Kosovo so it made no sense to move them and then bugger off for six months. We sold our house when I returned (Aug 01) and were told we could claim back the associated fees with moving only if we intended to purchase again, however there was a six month timeframe imposed on that, so we missed out on that.
I have now heard that I may be entitled to a 'chit' that will cover the cost legal of fees etc for if/when I re-enter the housing market.
Anybody else know anything about this, questions directed to my clerks resulted in the usual muttered response about looking into it for me when they get a chance.
There is such a thing, and can be found in the good old RAAC under 'Withdrawal from the Property Market on Posting' or words to that effect.

However if you sell your house and wish to claim legal fees, you must buy one at your next posting, or the one after that. If you are get the money, but don't follow the rules (ie you have to travel daily to work from it etc), then the MOD will ask for the money back sharpish !!

I just happened to be looking at it the other day - how handy is that !! :D

Latest Threads