Chinook Pilots finally to be cleared of gross negligence?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by the_guru, Jul 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This story just popped up on the Telegraph website.

How long has this campaign been going on and how long have the RAF head cheeses been resisting this?

Pilots 'cleared' over Mull of Kintyre Chinook crash - Telegraph

The pilots of a Chinook helicopter which crashed in Scotland killing all 29 people on board were not to blame for the tragedy, an official review is expected to conclude.

2. Good to see, but struck by a comment from one of the family that it would be nice for them to have been told first - do Newspapers ever consider that the MoD may have a mechanism for telling people before the official announcement and leaks like this scupper this process.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Now this wouldn't be a case of the MoD releasing a potentially bad bit of news, for them, on a weekend? Not only that, but a weekend that has most journalists salivating over the implosion of the News of the World and the damage this is doing to the Murdoch empire?

Surely this is not a case of 'burying bad news'?

• Like Like x 2
  4. T'was my initial thoughts too. Having said that, the essential fact is that from what I've seen and read, this is long overdue.

Is there any chance EVER that things will be formally announced without things being floated in the press first?

5. About time, the guy on the news said that he and others have been trying to get them cleared for years as their investigation showed the whirlygig wasn't air worthy

6. It would be great if this is what will be announced.

7. Great. Standby for my appeal against my Form 5 in 2006.

8. All the news before it happens.

B

9. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I wonder if Rockhopper Crab will grace these boards to apologise for his comments on previous Kintyre threads.

10. Before it's even newsworthy, in fact. I sense some PR going on...

11. ABOUT BLOODY TIME!

But will those that have been toeing the RAF party line here on ARRSE that it was the pilots fault eat some public humble pie?

12. I'm intrigued.

13. What a farce!

I think that whoever decided to blame the two pilots as scapegoats should now be in the dock themselves.

This whole inquiry was a ****ing disgrace.

Now years after, the verdicts were deemed to be unsafe.

14. "Surely this is not a case of 'burying bad news'?"

Well they tried to bury it with the aircrew.

"What a farce!

I think that whoever decided to blame the two pilots as scapegoats should now be in the dock themselves.

This whole inquiry was a ****ing disgrace.

Now years after, the verdicts were deemed to be unsafe."

Correct sir What a farce !

john

15. I remember this, the Mk 1 they where originally tasked to fly was re-tasked with recovering one of our Lynx ( Mk 2 I believe wasn't cleared for it ), so off went the Mk 2 and a bloody farce it has been ever since. Glad to hear that there may be some resolution for the innocent parties. RIP