Chinook pilot shot between the eyes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigbird67, Mar 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. but still flies casualties back safely!! Now THAT'S nails!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/2879290/Pilot-was-shot-between-the-eyes-and-still-flew-to-safety.html

A HERO Chinook pilot was shot between the eyes by a Taliban bullet - but flew on and saved all 20 aboard.

The round then penetrated his helmet hitting him between the eyes. It knocked his head back and caused severe bleeding.

But with blood pouring into his eyes, Ian battled with the controls to stop the chopper from spiralling out of control.

Then with the aircraft lurching from side to side he continued flying for eight minutes before landing at Camp Bastion.

Apologies for it being from the scum!

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3. hmmm...judging by the similarities, I'm guessing they both used the same source :D it's practically word for word!!

4. I like the way they depict things in pictures for their mong readers!

There is a nice picture of a pilot with an arrow pointing to between his eyes - in case you weren't sure were his eyes went!

5. Look out for a DFC in the London Gazette or higher maybe? Well done.

6. Is it me, or did they depict him as a tad 'dusky'??

7. It's the Sun their readership might not know! They get excited when they see shiny things!

8. Or perhaps the current bun is going all Bayeux Tapestry on us?

9. Good drills by the pilot.

The usual shite by the SCUM.

10. 8O Fackin' Nails.

11. Not a nail mate - a bullet!

12. You'd think the co-pilot would have flown it home. Sounds a bit jack to me.

13. Nonsense. 'Tis but a scratch.

Well done that man.

14. waaaaaah

15. The article says it was an army pilot.

Good all army pilots, not like those RAF pilots!!! They were probably to busy putting brill cream in there hair. :x

Will be interesting when the documentary comes out though.