Chinook Party Tricks?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ritch, Feb 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody seen this before?

Don't know if it's a fairly common trick or whatever.

Chinook Party Tricks

2. Some years ago I had the misfortune to have a trick pilot, I thought it was odd when the loadie got into the pressup position prior to flying around the cabin immediately followed by several breakfasts making a reappearance.

Pilots, all dickheads.

3. Not all dickheads. I've got the utmost respect for all C130 and Chinook pilots. You've got to admit that the clip shows some cracking flying.

4. Flying?

Technically its good driving :wink:

5. Doing helifam at Garelochhead some years ago, one of the passengers remarked that the Chinook was "Like a bus". The loadie must have passed this on to the driver because he plonked it down on the range road and proceeded to drive along it. Quite an experience.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Edited for being a biff

7. Flying?

Technically its good driving :wink:

8. Yeah, go on then mate; tell us your flying quals. This I cannot wait to see......

Top tip: They normally begin with "CFS"...........

9. Flying?

Technically it's good driving. :wink:

10. Bla bla bla, bl-blabla... Bla.

Yawn off!

11. WAH sheild up: Chas whats got up your arse? Closetjibber seemed to be pointing out that its driving as the WHEELS were on the GROUND. WAh Sheild down

12. OK mate; if I have been reeled in by the WAH-fisherman then fair enough, I owe some people some ale.

I might require a bit more convincing though.............

13. Dunno if your browser shows it mate but there is a "wink" emoticon at the end of Closet_Jibber's post.

14. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

I am not the biggest of crab fans, however one of my best friends is 7 Sqn, and fair dues, they can get you in where you want to be, even if you don't think it is possible.

15. Nobody likes a smart arse.
    :D