Chinese nationals abducted in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutaway, Jan 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I see the intellectual giants in Iraq have seen fit to abduct some more cililians.
    Once again they've chosen some Chinese gentlemen, perhaps not the smartest move as the Chinese government are normally quite peeved when their people are dragged into someone else's captivity.
    The Peking headshed takes a very dim view of this and become more than a little vague when it comes to the Human Rights issues of those responsible.
    But maybe they've swung back to the days of Korea when the 'needs' of the (very) many were put above the lives of (comparitively) few.
    We'll know in next few days......

2. So much for the 'protection' offered by their countrys opposition to the invasion!
  3. I don't see the Chinese p*ssing about over getting their people back. Stand by for a lot of useful looking 'laundry workers' getting off the plane at Baghdad International
  4. No doubt they will be released in due course.

Sorry Tom , quick edit

5. As with other hostages, IMHO better avoid any comments on this much-monitored site which might be misunderstood.

(thanks PTP, regards to tom)
  6. Whoever has them will soon give them back after a couple of mornings listening to the noises made by their morning tongue cleaning.
  7. The eight Chinese national's were released today after thePRC agreed to "discourage" its citizen's from coming to Iraq.
  8. i can't believe they've chickened out 8O
  9. Not chickening out.

China wants to avoid the sizeable Muslim population in its Western Provinces from becoming 'put out'.

The next big war.........imho a possible 'Yellow Peril' V the mighty 'Faithfull'; in fact that would be the best scenario all round :wink: