Chinese man had a bullet in his brain and didn't even know!

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by medic-matt, Apr 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I suppose he didn't give it a thought.

2. So a guy gets a bullet in the head and medical staff fail to diagnose it. Did it travel up his ******* nose or what?

3. I read the heading and thought that Chung Ling Soo was up to his old tricks again. I hadn't heard of him in years.

'Chung Ling Soo' was a magician around the time of the Great War whose main trick was to catch a bullet in his teeth. The bullet was fired at him from a pistol.

Unfortunately, at what turned out to be his last performance, the trick went wrong with fatal results. Chung, who'd only ever spoke through an interpreter, further surprised the audience-if they hadn't been surprised enough-, by exclaiming something like "Bloody Hell, What went wrong there" in perfect English. Not surprising his English was fluent as his real name was William Ellsworth Robinson, an American. (I've just looked it up)

Despite the above sounding like a complete myth, it really happened. Gun enthusiasts can find the details of what went wrong on Wiki;

Wu's Foo Ling Wu

4. That would be "Gordon", nearest anyone ever got to his name, he used to have a shite takeaway shop in Sunderland street Macclesfield.

He ******* really deserved that bullet!

Check out the Macc Lads song about him- "Gordon's revenge" - it's probably on Foo Man Chew tube.

5. ISTR there was an Arnhem veteran who had complained of symptoms, around about the early '80s, and told his doctors he'd been shot in the head during the war. They had assumed that he was a senile old gentleman, until they got the x-rays showing the bullet somewhere near the middle of his brain. I think it was decided to leave it where it was, since surgery would be too dangerous.

6. Soft old ****, fancy making a fuss about something like a bullet in your swede!

In fact he probably just hung on until the doctors had a scooby what they were doing, I mean would you let your M.O probe about in your skull? (Jarrod and penis combinations excepted).

7. Did anyone ever see that American army Sgt. That got stabbed in the head by a Iraqi prisoner? I wish I could find a picture of it, it looked like a halloween getup