Chinese Democracy

Considering how long he's been gone I was expecting more. A lot more!

The loafing cunt. After all this time, it had better be extremely good.

Well, it has certainly grown on me.. 50% of the tracks i loved straight away, but the rest have needed some repeated listening. But there is some classic heavy rock, mixed with industrial sounds, even some pink floyd and even Queen influences in there. Overall, I think it is a great album.

It's pump. Basically Other Artists Ft. Axl 'Cnut' Rose. It's not Guns 'n Roses and he's tarnished the name.

What a twat.

Ah forget what's gone on and the fact that it's taken 7 guitarists to replace Slash and Izzy it's a quality album. If your hung up on what's not in the band then you're missing what is there. There's some great riffs, some fantastic vocals and a great blend of a lot of talented musicians and musical influences.

Lets hope the next album takes slightly less time, although I doubt it.

It's not Guns 'n Roses though, it shouldn't ever have been released under that name.

Dr_Chris said:
It's not Guns 'n Roses though, it shouldn't ever have been released under that name.
Well it's certainly better than the last few things "the real Guns N' Roses" put out (btw if you're gonna spout about a band name get the apostrophe in the right place).

Many bands have lost numerous members and still carried on (KISS for example). Remember there are still 2 original(ish) members in the band, Axl and Dizzy Reed.

And if you want to be truly pedantic then Guns N' Roses should have ceased to be the day Tracii Guns left the band. Did you ever wonder why Axl's was the only name in the band. But then she was replaced by Slash so lets not mention that eh.

:twisted:

Thebull140 said:
Dr_Chris said:
Well it's certainly better than the last few things "the real Guns N' Roses" put out (btw if you're gonna spout about a band name get the apostrophe in the right place).

Many bands have lost numerous members and still carried on (KISS for example). Remember there are still 2 original(ish) members in the band, Axl and Dizzy Reed.

And if you want to be truly pedantic then Guns N' Roses should have ceased to be the day Tracii Guns left the band. Did you ever wonder why Axl's was the only name in the band. But then she was replaced by Slash so lets not mention that eh.

:twisted:
First off, don't be a pedantic cnut. No need for that in relation to this discussion other than to be a twat.

Second off, many bands have indeed changed a lot and kept up their standard. I saw KISS this year, seen probably about 400 live performances . I am not debating whether it's POSSIBLE or not for a band to change lineup and remain good, but GNR haven't. It's not even as if they've got anyone from the old band other than Axl, it's the same as Lars Ulrich reforming Metallica with an entirely different lineup - it'd be crap.

Usually a band is liked because they have something about them that you can relate specifically to that band, making it unique. Chinese Democracy sounds like a generic new metal album, it's got nothing GNR like about it at all. Axl's voice is crap, there's none of the perfectly balanced dirty/clean guitaring and it's not up-beat and feel good. After seeing Axl live at Reading a couple of years ago, I am able to confidently say he now sounds rubbish.

Velvet Revolver (until their singer left) sounded more GNR than Axl Rose does.

First of all Guns N' Roses never played Reading Festival, ever, so i dunno who you saw. Maybe it was The Offspring in their early years as Axl is clearly ripping off Dexters old dreads.

Secondly if i want to be pedantic about this I will as it makes as much sense of slagging a band off because they have different members. If you're gonna insult something then at least have the decency to be accurate in what you're saying. Especially when it's got to do with the name and you appear to have no idea where that name came from. Guns N' Roses were a band before Slash and Duff joined them.

Chinese Democracy does sound like Guns N' Roses. I've been lucky enough to see them twice (LEEDS 2002 and Download 2006) Once they were amazing and once they were toss. I've also seen Velvet Revolver on numerous occasions and I can happily say that Axl Rose is Guns N' Roses. Velvet Revolver were not that good and Slash is not the guitar god the world makes him out to be. Yes he's good ans yes he has a unique sound but it's nothing that can't be reproduced with the right amp set up. If Axl wanted that sound he could have got it, numerous Guns N' Roses tribues bands pull it off every weekend in social clubs up and down the country, but he wanted to go in a different direction and has worked with some talented muscians Who have each brought their own thing to the band.

The comparison to Metallica is also quite amusing as they have seen their fare share of members. Dave Mustaine for one, plus their numerous Bass players since Cliff Burtons death (Jason Newsted, Bob Rock and Rob Trujillo).

If you dont like an album or band then thats your right but dont slag them off for it. A lot of people have waited a long time for this album, me included, and have fully enjoyed listening to it.

Thebull140 said:
First of all Guns N' Roses never played Reading Festival, ever, so i dunno who you saw. Maybe it was The Offspring in their early years as Axl is clearly ripping off Dexters old dreads.

Secondly if i want to be pedantic about this I will as it makes as much sense of slagging a band off because they have different members. If you're gonna insult something then at least have the decency to be accurate in what you're saying. Especially when it's got to do with the name and you appear to have no idea where that name came from. Guns N' Roses were a band before Slash and Duff joined them.

Chinese Democracy does sound like Guns N' Roses. I've been lucky enough to see them twice (LEEDS 2002 and Download 2006) Once they were amazing and once they were toss. I've also seen Velvet Revolver on numerous occasions and I can happily say that Axl Rose is Guns N' Roses. Velvet Revolver were not that good and Slash is not the guitar god the world makes him out to be. Yes he's good ans yes he has a unique sound but it's nothing that can't be reproduced with the right amp set up. If Axl wanted that sound he could have got it, numerous Guns N' Roses tribues bands pull it off every weekend in social clubs up and down the country, but he wanted to go in a different direction and has worked with some talented muscians Who have each brought their own thing to the band.

The comparison to Metallica is also quite amusing as they have seen their fare share of members. Dave Mustaine for one, plus their numerous Bass players since Cliff Burtons death (Jason Newsted, Bob Rock and Rob Trujillo).

If you dont like an album or band then thats your right but dont slag them off for it. A lot of people have waited a long time for this album, me included, and have fully enjoyed listening to it.
Oops, meant Download. My bad. *reads the rest of your post*

Thebull140 said:
As above post.

I am STILL not slagging them off because they have different members. If you could read this would be apparent. I quite clearly said that it is possible to have new members and still keep a tight sound. GNR don't though. I couldn't give two tosses where the actual name came from - GNR have an established sound which is why they are so liked in comparison with other bands. CD does not have this sound.

Seen Velvet Revolver several times and have loved them each time, particularly last year at Download. Fantastic. As for saying you can get the Slash sound just by having the correct setup? You're clearly completely dillusional. I assume you are the type of guitar player (if you are one) who only does covers. Whether you can recreate his sound or not is completely not the issue, his sound was unique in his time and as such he can be respected for bringing us a new sound. It's easy to copy something once it has already been done.

Why do you keep changing the context of my comments? I know Metallica has had many lineup changes and as I have also said before, there are instances where this works - this is one of them. What I was saying if Lars Ulrich (as the owner of the Metallica brand name) made his own band with an entirely new lineup, it'd be crap. It'd not sound like Metallica without Hammet + Hetfield, they give Metallica their uniquity, the same as Slash/Duff combined with Axl's singing gave GNR their sound. Without any of them, they can't sound like the GNR that brought them to fame and recognition.

I can 'slag them off' for it all I like, I already have done. It's called 'free speech' I believe. I have waited FAR too long for the album and think it's sh*t, so I have as much of a right to hate it as you do to blow smoke up Axl's hoop.