Chinese army officers told to mix with troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fiona_TG, Apr 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems like President Xi Jinpinghas been spying on my old unit. Been doing it like that for decades.

2. Not with my lot who, while on exercise, felt it appropriate to hold themselves a regimental dinner in the field while keeping the lads in trenches, but in order they were not aware they called 48 hours of NBC drills. Top blokes, no really!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Don't think I will be taking any advice about the officer/soldier relationship from either the Indescribably boring or the red army...that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Can't think of a worse punishment than being made to spend even more time with the Orifice's that I had avoided at all costs during the day.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

That really is a gem! Did they also insist zat ze beatings vill continue untill the morale she improves as a sort of cherry on the top?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ugh! Enlisted swine! :frown: :policecap: Can't think how spending time with the Baldericks :geek: in my unit will enhance my experience as an orficer. :?

goofball_logo.gif

• Like Like x 2
  7. Don't get me fecking started! I remember in Archers Post, Kenya watching selected Ruperts sitting at 6' tables with white linen and Regimental Silver whilst 10 yards away I was sitting on an elephant skull eating fecking bacon grill out of the tin !

8. I suppose that at a time like that, you wished you could lay your hands on a red tunic and white webbing.

• Like Like x 2
  9. "Who's that clunt in the end blunk"

"Thats the new Bligadier Genelal, he appallently wants to touch your glass roots up!"

"Well I've just skliffed his pirrowcase to fluck!"

• Like Like x 3
  10. image.jpg

Yes, I can see the attraction for Officers of mixing with th troops.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tried it in the 80s gave up when the blue bloods could not keep up on the beer in Germany bloody embarrassing have to stop your boss kicking off.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Considering the Chinese Army is pretty much based on the British Army of the 1800 where your fathers standing guarentees the pips on your shoulder and the more money you have the higher you climb, I can see why there senior officers have been told to "get real".

My old CO joined at 16 as a Jock and ended up a Colonel. To this day he is still one of the boys.

13. They have Jocks in the Red Army? Who'd a thought it.
    Go back to Mao's idea and have no ranks (although that didn't quite pan out)

14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Doesn't sound like a problem to me. Go to any Training Camp and you'll find all ranks eating together and frequently sharing accom.

I've also eaten in a PLA junior ranks canteen. Whilst on business in China, near Humen, my boss and I took a shortcut to a military museum through the middle of a PLA camp. Being curious bastards we poked about a bit watched some JNCO's learning drill and then joined a queue for scoff. We got some odd looks - 2 Europeans in a queue of Chinese sailors but nobody actually questioned what we were up to.