Chinese answer to industrial unrest.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Oct 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

This was in the papers yesterday if I recall. China is buying up vast areas of commercial interest all over Africa, and Asia too. They own loads of U.S. and EU debt. The U.S. Empire is falling, and the Sun will soon rise over the new way in Beijing. I said we will all be speaking Mandarin in 20 years a few years back, and it will happen. I am surprised more financial institutions are not taking up the generous incentives to relocate to HKG and the mainland. It will happen, and when it does, what 'industry' do we have left.

I loved the way Australia laughed at a Chinese diplomats attempt to claim asylum there about 4-5 years ago. They said 'China's business interests here are more important than offending them over this claim', and rejected it out of hand. Hilary Clinton said 'nasty' things about China's human rights record in relation to Mr. Nobel Prize winner, but they - like the hand-wringing and impotent EU will change their tune when Beijing starts calling it more and more like it wants to.

People are saying 'oh, they are getting better there every day and are not as ruthless'. I call bollocks. I'm sure the Uighurs felt they were fairly treated, as did the Tibetans, the Human Rights activists and people who want to practice their religion openly. And as to Taiwan, how long is it before China resumes it's interest there like a dog in heat? They always said 'it's when - not if - you come back to us'.

More and more increasingly, its China's way or no way. Look at us - we are whoring out our proverbial rectums to India and China like over - worked rent boys. We know which side our bread will be buttered on....and it isn't where the stars and stripes is waving limply.

2. Sadly New Zealand is in the same boat.
    In the quest for a broader tax base to miss-use and steal from, our politicians have allowed unrestricted Chinese immigration justifying it (to some anyway) as the creation a thriving multicultural society. Auckland increasingly looks like Hong Kong, there are no restrictions on what they can buy including farm land & our so called leaders lick their boots for it. This is a race of people who in their hunger for resources have devistated large tracts of there own country, not to mention those places they have helped themselves to, Tibet springs to mind as well as any other tin pot dump whose leaders they have bought.
    I predict that it won't be long before these bastards start roughing up or shooting protesting NZ workers. (not that I give a shit about protesting NZ workers you understand, if they are to be shot or roughed up it should be at the hands of the NZ police or NZ vigilantes.)

3. Hmmmm will the lefties be protesting against Chines colonialism in Africa I wonder? I hope so.... a few dead lefties always puts a smile on my face.... its been a long time since Blair Peach it seems!!

4. Again harking back to my first rant, I despise lefties too, however the Green Party in New Zealand is the only one that actually has the guts to push back against the Chinese here. It was the NZ Labour Party that actualy signed a free trade agreement with them. I recently watched the co leader of the Green Party (Russel Norman I think) getting roughed up by Chinese security when he waved a Tibetin flag in the presence of the Chinese vice president whoever the fcuk he is on the steps of the NZ Parliament. Normaly I quite enjoy seeing Greenies & their ilk getting the snot beat out of them. But this should not be done at the hands of a pack of gooks in OUR country. On top of that our spineless wonder of a PM apologises to the bastards afterwards!
    PM apologises to Chinese - politics - national | Stuff.co.nz

5. The Chinese Vice President was Xi Jinping, who stands a good chance of becoming the next President of China in 2013. There is a report on his progress here China VP Xi Jinping promoted to key military commission - The Times of India . I am sure he got the message about free speech, but he seems to be adept at following a middle line.

As for the shooting itself, you would think that two foreigners blasting away at the locals in Africa these days would end up badly for the foreigners, especially after their ammunition was expended. I think we need to know a wee bit more about this before reaching conclusions.

6. "As for the shooting itself, you would think that two foreigners blasting away at the locals in Africa these days would end up badly for the foreigners, especially after their ammunition was expended. I think we need to know a wee bit more about this before reaching conclusions.'

I agree protest in Africa can mean quite a lot of things from a bit of shouting and foot stomping to full scale buring people to death and going ape shit with machetees. If the latter is true then the two Chniese guys in jail may have a genuine case for self defence .
    However, this sort of thing has happened before and I absolutely would not put it past the Chinese to apply pressure so their nationals avoid justice.
    On two occasions in NZ, in typicaly gutless displays, both the former and current PMs refused to meet with the Dalai Lama because of pressure from China. This is all for the sake of cheap shoes, undercrackers that last for a week and electronic "goods" that don't work.

7. I'd personally be surprised if the PRC government interfered. They've got far bigger fish to fry in Africa than a couple of dodgy businessmen and the eyes of every African nation are on them all the time to see if they're just another colonial power trying to replace the old ones.

Incidentally, nothing ironic at all about suspecting the Chinese of applying "pressure so their nationals avoid justice" when the nationals haven't yet been tried. Nothing at all pre-judgemental and lacking in the basics of 'innocent until proven guilty' justice there, oh no. :wink:

8. "Incidentally, nothing ironic at all about suspecting the Chinese of applying "pressure so their nationals avoid justice" when the nationals haven't yet been tried. Nothing at all pre-judgemental and lacking in the basics of 'innocent until proven guilty' justice there, oh no."

Yes but I am a racist bigot with a particular dislike for the Chinese, so I am allowed to pre-judge them. It's what I do.