Chinas richest man disappears

CHINA'S richest man, the $US6 billion ($A9.5 billion) electronics magnate Huang Guangyu, has disappeared from his home into a vortex of speculation about corruption and stock market manipulation.

A source close to Mr Huang's company, Gome Electrical Appliances, said his colleagues had no idea where their chairman had gone.

This got me thinking, "What else has disappeared?" - my waist, my bank balance, those killer Steve McQueen burning good looks. Then we've got 1/3rd of the Army from when I joined, most of the Navy, John Stonehouse etc.......

Any more?

Half the defence budget?

Britain's native population's rights?

All signs of common sense and most of human decency?

Well my todger hasn't dissapeared but I've not seen it since Jan 2007. :oops:

This could be down to a vey large "beer/wine/vodka" belly. Which reminds me when trying to leave the swimming pool last summer and all the kids shouting "daddy daddy, there is a whale stranded by the pool". :p

Bumper said:
CHINA'S richest man, the $US6 billion ($A9.5 billion) electronics magnate Huang Guangyu, has disappeared from his home into a vortex of speculation about corruption and stock market manipulation.

A source close to Mr Huang's company, Gome Electrical Appliances, said his colleagues had no idea where their chairman had gone.

This got me thinking, "What else has disappeared?" - my waist, my bank balance, those killer Steve McQueen burning good looks. Then we've got 1/3rd of the Army from when I joined, most of the Navy, John Stonehouse etc.......

Any more?
They've always said that too much money and power leads to a slippery slope.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
The nation's wealth.
Empire
Any last vestiges of pride in our nation.
Our sovereignty
Any chance that Labliar are getting into power in the next 5 terms - I really fcuking hope.

Biped said:
The nation's wealth.
Empire
Any last vestiges of pride in our nation.
Our sovereignty
Any chance that Labliar are getting into power in the next 5 terms - I really fcuking hope.
All the above-and I really hope you're right about the last one,although I believe that since the politicans of whatever hue have ceded so much authority to the EU at the behest of their corporate paymasters,it will no longer matter to any great degree who sits in No.10(presumably the whole idea).

And...breathe/dismount soapbox...

Any link between effort and reward; any link between responsibility and accountability; a democratic system that offers a genuine choice or a realistic chance of holding governments to account; the idea that sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander; values and standards in public life; any pretence that people are the whole point of a society, rather than profit margins.

Oh, and my youth. Had it a moment ago, put it down just over there for a bit and when I turned back it was gone...

smartascarrots said:
Any link between effort and reward; any link between responsibility and accountability; a democratic system that offers a genuine choice or a realistic chance of holding governments to account; the idea that sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander; values and standards in public life; any pretence that people are the whole point of a society, rather than profit margins.

Oh, and my youth. Had it a moment ago, put it down just over there for a bit and when I turned back it was gone...
Well said.

Fancy starting a political party???? No duff.

The economy
Fortress Twickenham
Most County Regiments
Katherine Jenkins

in fact, most things I care about..

oh, and that slimy sod John "without a shot being fired" Reid