Chinas richest man disappears

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bumper, Nov 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CHINA'S richest man, the $US6 billion ($A9.5 billion) electronics magnate Huang Guangyu, has disappeared from his home into a vortex of speculation about corruption and stock market manipulation.

A source close to Mr Huang's company, Gome Electrical Appliances, said his colleagues had no idea where their chairman had gone.

This got me thinking, "What else has disappeared?" - my waist, my bank balance, those killer Steve McQueen burning good looks. Then we've got 1/3rd of the Army from when I joined, most of the Navy, John Stonehouse etc.......

Any more?

2. Half the defence budget?

3. your anal virginity?

4. wit....... obviously

5. Britain's native population's rights?

6. All signs of common sense and most of human decency?

7. Maddie ?

8. Well my todger hasn't dissapeared but I've not seen it since Jan 2007. :oops:

This could be down to a vey large "beer/wine/vodka" belly. Which reminds me when trying to leave the swimming pool last summer and all the kids shouting "daddy daddy, there is a whale stranded by the pool". :p

9. They've always said that too much money and power leads to a slippery slope.

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The nation's wealth.
    Empire
    Any last vestiges of pride in our nation.
    Our sovereignty
    Any chance that Labliar are getting into power in the next 5 terms - I really fcuking hope.

11. was gonna say shannon matthews but she's kinda back and didnt really go anywhere anyway!!

12. All the above-and I really hope you're right about the last one,although I believe that since the politicans of whatever hue have ceded so much authority to the EU at the behest of their corporate paymasters,it will no longer matter to any great degree who sits in No.10(presumably the whole idea).

And...breathe/dismount soapbox...

13. Any link between effort and reward; any link between responsibility and accountability; a democratic system that offers a genuine choice or a realistic chance of holding governments to account; the idea that sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander; values and standards in public life; any pretence that people are the whole point of a society, rather than profit margins.

Oh, and my youth. Had it a moment ago, put it down just over there for a bit and when I turned back it was gone...

14. Well said.

Fancy starting a political party???? No duff.

15. Holly and Jessica...