Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

CHINA'S LIABILITY?

I'm curious, did COVID start in China, @smartascarrots?
I don't think there's any credible evidence it erupted into the world elsewhere.

What we do know of the disease and its transmission points to the same original source as SARS, the disease the Wuhan lab was set up to research, and has a similar origin in poor food-animal husbandry.

People seem to love a good China conspiracy but amusingly enough this credits the PRC government with far more capability than it actually has.

I certainly know our 50Cent friends who try to earn their pay defending the CCP.

The brainy orange root, the pale eyed Hong Kong cheap Shi, and the I’m a Canadian.
Once again, and utterly unsurprisingly, you seem to mistake anybody questioning unsubstantiated assertions about China with a blind defence of the CCP government. It isn't a difficult distinction to make but one that you clearly struggle with.

Once again, and utterly unsurprisingly, you seem to mistake anybody questioning unsubstantiated assertions about China with a blind defence of the CCP government. It isn't a difficult distinction to make but one that you clearly struggle with.
Well TBF we know the Beeb, the font of Truth has long since strayed from objectivity, in other words we have to work out what the truth is. Combine that with the Party leadership in China being unlikely to tell us, the one thing we have is no one telling the truth. Even tourists who visit China will only ever get a surface insight. So those of you in the know have a mega advantage.
People seem to love a good China conspiracy but amusingly enough this credits the PRC government with far more capability than it actually has.
Well tends to be the way things pan out. But the one thing I’ve learned is that it only takes a few people with contacts to actually hatch a conspiracy.

Another apparent COVID Zero failure.

'While the rest of the world is learning to live with Covid-19, China is headed in a very different direction as it scrambles to crush its latest outbreak.

'The nation of 1.4 billion has placed at least four million people under harsh new lockdown measures in a desperate attempt to maintain the nation’s Covid-zero strategy.

'The order has been imposed in 11 provinces – including Beijing – and apartment blocks with active cases have been put into strict 21 day lockdowns.

'It comes after more than 120 Covid cases were reported in the last week — leaving authorities scrambling to contain the outbreak just 100 days before the start of the 2022 Winter Olympics – and two weeks out from a key Chinese Communist Party meeting.'

'While the rest of the world is learning to live with Covid-19, China is headed in a very different direction as it scrambles to crush its latest outbreak.

'The nation of 1.4 billion has placed at least four million people under harsh new lockdown measures in a desperate attempt to maintain the nation’s Covid-zero strategy.

'The order has been imposed in 11 provinces – including Beijing – and apartment blocks with active cases have been put into strict 21 day lockdowns.

'It comes after more than 120 Covid cases were reported in the last week — leaving authorities scrambling to contain the outbreak just 100 days before the start of the 2022 Winter Olympics – and two weeks out from a key Chinese Communist Party meeting.'

Bloody good job they don't have access to facebook...........

4 million people over 11 provinces in a nation of 1.4bn people. To put it into perspective, that's the population of a middling-sized Tier 2 city - Dalian alone has more than that.

The measures are there to contain an outbreak in less than 0.003% of the population.

4 million people over 11 provinces in a nation of 1.4bn people. To put it into perspective, that's the population of a middling-sized Tier 2 city - Dalian alone has more than that.

The measures are there to contain an outbreak in less than 0.003% of the population.

So if it is so insignificant (and I agree that the numbers/proportions are), why has the CCP enacted such apparently draconian measures?

So if it is so insignificant (and I agree that the numbers/proportions are), why has the CCP enacted such apparently draconian measures?
Good question. Why would they enact a savage lockdown to prevent the further spread of a highly contagious disease apparently manifesting itself in multiple locations?

It's got me stumped, and no mistake!

Perhaps the Emperor Xi is trying to put on a more populist face and act like St.Jacinda.
Perhaps space aliens told him they'd give him the secret of perpetual motion.

Perhaps he woke up one morning having had a dream they were Freemasons.

Or perhaps they're trying to contain the outbreaks at source and prevent population mobility spreading it beyond its current limited toehold.

Perhaps space aliens told him they'd give him the secret of perpetual motion.

Perhaps he woke up one morning having had a dream they were Freemasons.

Or perhaps they're trying to contain the outbreaks at source and prevent population mobility spreading it beyond its current limited toehold.

They are applying the measures where they are needed. Something we have failed to do because "fairness".