CHINA'S LIABILITY?

Well er lets start with fishing. Recent reports indicate that 50% of plastics are in fact from the fishing industry, ie. lost nets, long lines floatation devices defunct etc and broken crates. Now Given china has one of the largest fishing fleets/ Navy in the Pacific you would be hard pressed to deny that a significant amount is dumped or lost by them. China is doing what to rectify the situation? Genuine question.
They're primarily using financial incentives. Ships' captains can receive subsidies from their provincial governments to replace damaged nets rather than discard them, which has led to quite an unofficial trade in both discarded netting and port-of-origin registrations. The matter is handled mainly by the fisherman's associations of the individual ports with oversight from the local Environmental Protection Agency.

At sea, they've promulgated regulations permitting their Coastguard to inspect fishing vessels for safety violations that include causing pollution, and they beefed those powers of arrest and confiscation with a new Coastguard Law in January this year. It's primarily aimed at giving more clarity to where and how the PRC says its vessels can operate, allowing the CG to tread less tentatively around disputed areas and get stuck in about the ships who've exploited the ambiguity.

They're primarily using financial incentives. Ships' captains can receive subsidies from their provincial governments to replace damaged nets rather than discard them, which has led to quite an unofficial trade in both discarded netting and port-of-origin registrations. The matter is handled mainly by the fisherman's associations of the individual ports with oversight from the local Environmental Protection Agency.

At sea, they've promulgated regulations permitting their Coastguard to inspect fishing vessels for safety violations that include causing pollution, and they beefed those powers of arrest and confiscation with a new Coastguard Law in January this year. It's primarily aimed at giving more clarity to where and how the PRC says its vessels can operate, allowing the CG to tread less tentatively around disputed areas and get stuck in about the ships who've exploited the ambiguity.
Meanwhile ignoring all the Chinese that are illegally fishing in other waters causing strife and political unrest.

We actually pay China to take our waste plastic, what do they do with it? I bet you a pound to a pinch of the proverbial they dump it in the oceans.
Slight drift, not so much China, more plastic. Aveton Gifford to be precise. I've lived in this neck of the woods for over 50 years. I cannot say the exact date this came into force, but it started here. The local shops, no national shops here, decided to ban ALL plastic bags. No incentives from Government or local Councils, they just took the initiative themselves. Equally no 'charge' on plastic bags, that just banned them totally. Have a wee look at Aveton Gifford. Note it's size, population and distance from any town/city. It's an insignificant dot, in the grand scheme of things. To me this begs the question; if a place like AG can ban plastic bags, why can't the rest of the world? Rhetorical question really. Money. Drift over.

Thank you I did ask the other the question to be informed. My point was this. That fishing tackle is expensive especially the larger pursain nets, and most skippers worth their salt will want to recover what they can but things like crates and floatation devices used to be made from wood and cork, which has always been more sustainable

An article pointed out that a drug called Remdesivir, manufactured by Gilead Sciences was reported as the CURE for COVID-19.

The patent for Remdesivir... currently held by China, through an agreement with Gilead a drug patent sharing subsidiary, called UNITAID which has an office near Wuhan… China.

Major financial investors in UNITAID, George Soros, Bill & Melinda Gates, and the WHO (World Health Organization).

Both, Gilead Sciences and UNITAID were financial backers of Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.

Dr. Fauci authorised millions of American dollars to be sent to The Wuhan Institute of Virology in China for the study of Coronaviruses. Dr. Fauci’s wife works for Gilead Sciences.

Dr. Fauci threw doubts on hydroxychloroquine, which is inexpensive, been around for over 60 years with a proven safety record, even though its success rate was favorable. Why?

Just follow the money.

Who’s been splashing the cash around the globe…China.

The only thing for sure is that it certainly hasn’t devastated China!

Pretty much everywhere else though!!

An article pointed out that a drug called Remdesivir, manufactured by Gilead Sciences was reported as the CURE for COVID-19.

The patent for Remdesivir... currently held by China, through an agreement with Gilead a drug patent sharing subsidiary, called UNITAID which has an office near Wuhan… China.

Major financial investors in UNITAID, George Soros, Bill & Melinda Gates, and the WHO (World Health Organization).

Both, Gilead Sciences and UNITAID were financial backers of Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.

Dr. Fauci authorised millions of American dollars to be sent to The Wuhan Institute of Virology in China for the study of Coronaviruses. Dr. Fauci’s wife works for Gilead Sciences.

Dr. Fauci threw doubts on hydroxychloroquine, which is inexpensive, been around for over 60 years with a proven safety record, even though its success rate was favorable. Why?

Just follow the money.

Who’s been splashing the cash around the globe…China.

The only thing for sure is that it certainly hasn’t devastated China!

Pretty much everywhere else though!!
The front page of that website says:

At this point, we believe the WHO and minions rebranded the flu as COVID19, who then proceeded to scare the hell out of the general public through a full spectrum psychological operation, convincing them into taking the jab which itself IS COVID19!

Do you even bother to apply any critical reasoning to what you read or do you just blindly accept it? Assuming, and I am being generous here, that you are not actually stupid then you are certainly displaying symptoms of cognitive bias.

Last edited:
You have the bias bit spot on. I am definitely biased when it comes to the CCP.
You repeatedly source biased conspiracy lunacy. If you have cogent arguments go ahead and make them and support them with facts, not conjecture or conspiracy theories. It is unbecoming in an adult.

You repeatedly source biased conspiracy lunacy.
I simply posted that an article had stated...and then gave the source.
If you wish you may certainly point out the mistakes/inaccuracies in that article, something you have failed to do. Instead you choose to attack me personally. They do say here on Arse play the ball...not the player, something that has escaped you.

This, a particular method used by trolls, you just happening to be a Chinese one. But then your stance throughout any thread on China gives that away for all to see.

I simply posted that an article had stated...and then gave the source.

If you wish you may certainly point out the mistakes/inaccuracies in that article, something you have failed to do. Instead you choose to attack me personally. They do say here on Arse play the ball...not the player, something that has escaped you.

This, a particular method used by trolls, you just happening to be a Chinese one. But then your stance throughout any thread on China gives that away for all to see.
And I have pointed out that your source is deeply flawed. That's all you do, quote tin-foil-hatted nonsense and if pointing out that you seem incapable of distinguishing that sort of dross from scientific fact is 'playing the man' then so be it. As an adult you should have the wit to be able to tell the difference and not embarrass yourself in public.

@gaijin in a lighter tone of dispute, give us your Chinese equivalent of this.

Perhaps this?

Your vigorous defence of a toxic governing body gives you little in the way of validity.

Last edited:
China obliterates what it does not want remembered.

A toxic reminder of a present government that attempts to hide it’s dreadful past.

@gaijin this is the government you are defending?? Is this what you represent?

Now tell me I do not know what I find detestable!

Why the thought of the CCP getting away with its behaviour intolerable.

Why the UK is sending her flagship to the S China Sea to oppose its annexation by the CCP.

Why the free world is now awakening to the danger the the CCP represents.

And...why I find your postings objectionable.

Last edited:
Now tell me I do not know what I find detestable!
You do not know what you find detestable. Happy?

For one thing, Wu'er Kaixi wasn't even in Tiananmen Square when the army arrived, he'd absented himself to hospital. The student leader with greatest claim to being last there was Chai Ling - and her account was contradicted by both Hou Dejian (a Taiwanese musician who was present in and helped negotiate the students' exit from the square) and contemporary US Embassy reports published by Wikileaks.

Latest Threads