CHINA'S LIABILITY?

When your reply to any post that posits a point of view that doesn't agree with yours is 'but Muricca' then you can expect not to be taken seriously.
Endure it works both ways, especially when talking to people who think they haven’t benefited from “Murica”. The only difference
Is that as the visiting team, I am outnumbered.

GDog

Swinger
Dont be ridiculous. Every electronic item you own is made in China most likely your clothes are too. Until our national companies bring manufacturing back home (and the costs go up), China are not going to loose a penny.

If anyone attacks China, economically or otherwise, they will dump (sell) the trillions of dollars in currency that they own and causes economic meltdown that you have never seen the likes of before.

Eg: Every time the US borrows money, say a 2 Trillion aid package, it sells government bonds and who do you think buys those bonds and has been for 20 years? Yes, the Chinese.

All that China need do is sell all of their bonds, flood the market with dollars that nobody wants and voila, the value of the dollar drops through the floor.

The same can be said for the UK, France, Germany and most other western countries.

This is why nobody does anything about China's aggression in trade, the south china sea, their appalling human rights record and the horrendous damage that they are causing to the global environment.

There is nothing that we can do about China as long as they hold us by the economic balls and the only way to get our balls back is to pay back the debt which is impossible. You can blame every globalist government of the past 20/30 years for this.
Given the stimulus plans proposed it sounds like the bond market doesn't need to worry about China dumping gilts because HMG are going to go into overdrive with issuing debt.

Out of curiosity what do you think would be the outcome of the UK defaulting on its debt, or at least that held by China?

Or even more cynically, what happens if the US unilaterally welches on bonds/debt it knows are held by China?

Endure it works both ways, especially when talking to people who think they haven’t benefited from “Murica”. The only difference
No, you're a guest, not the 'visiting team'. And you are increasingly outstaying your welcome.

Contribute positively or piss off to a yank forum would be my advice.

endure

GCM

The only difference as far as I can see is the differing points of view of our countries.

The USA believes in the philiosophy of competition and individualism. Winner takes all.

The UK (and more specifically England) believes that it's not whether you win or lose it's how you play the game

and stop with the 'visiting team' bollocks. Arrse isn't a competition it's a discussion.

The only difference as far as I can see is the differing points of view of our countries.

The USA believes in the philiosophy of competition and individualism. Winner takes all.

The UK (and more specifically England) believes that it's not whether you win or lose it's how you play the game

and stop with the 'visiting team' bollocks. Arrse isn't a competition it's a discussion.
Arrse is a place to interact with foreigners, and get their true opinions that you won’t get in face to face conversation.

But I would say many of us Americans are bit more team oriented then you folks can imagine.

No, you're a guest, not the 'visiting team'. And you are increasingly outstaying your welcome.

Contribute positively or piss off to a yank forum would be my advice.
It's not a real Yank, it's a sock claiming to be LJonsey who left the site some months ago. No need to feed the troll.

endure

GCM
Arrse is a place to interact with foreigners, and get their true opinions that you won’t get in face to face conversation.

But I would say many of us Americans are bit more team oriented then you folks can imagine.
If you believe that you won't get the opinions of Brits in face to face conversations then you've obviously never met any of us.

What does being 'team oriented' in the USA have to be with posting on arrse? You're not representing the USA you're talking to individuals.

It's not a real Yank, it's a sock claiming to be LJonsey who left the site some months ago. No need to feed the troll.
I know it's a split decision between jonesy and baglock but personally I think it is jonesy. He's turned into a whining throbber before he flounced despite being previously ok.

Could well be wrong though, but baglocks socks generally lasted about 3 days before being very clearly unpicked.

If you believe that you won't get the opinions of Brits in face to face conversations then you've obviously never met any of us.

What does being 'team oriented' in the USA have to be with posting on arrse? You're not representing the USA you're talking to individuals.
You folks are more feisty and direct online. Very polite in person, but guarded.

It was a response to your “individualism” comment. It does seem like many of you folks are even more individualistic these days then many of us are.

I know it's a split decision between jonesy and baglock but personally I think it is jonesy. He's turned into a whining throbber before he flounced despite being previously ok.

Could well be wrong though, but baglocks socks generally lasted about 3 days before being very clearly unpicked.
I've been wondering this too. He just showed up and immediately started being annoying, it usually takes people a while before they act like this. Re: Jonsey, i liked him, he was ok but all of a sudden he started acting up.
Then i thought "**** it, i dont care" and just put steam('ing pile of shit)boat on ignore. It's far easier to just deny him the opportunity to irritate.

Stack looks as though he is going to keep him busy for a while anway.

I've been wondering this too. He just showed up and immediately started being annoying, it usually takes people a while before they act like this. Re: Jonsey, i liked him, he was ok but all of a sudden he started acting up.
Then i thought "**** it, i dont care" and just put steam('ing pile of shit)boat on ignore. It's far easier to just deny him the opportunity to irritate.

Stack looks as though he is going to keep him busy for a while anway.
I sense a brewing conflict of interest over China, but an unwillingness to understand the impact it will have. Which makes you folks rather uncomfortable.

Chinese have been very industrious, another Chinese multinational buying up supplies

LJonesy and I was a bit miffed at the treatment of JJH by many members of this forum.
I probably think that's true but having flounced as an increasingly unstable gun nut the question a lot of people asked is why come back as an anti brexit obsessive?

I probably think that's true but having flounced as an increasingly unstable gun nut the question a lot of people asked is why come back as an anti brexit obsessive?
Because the Brexit being managed by Johnson was going to fast turn the U.K., into a not ally of my country. Whilst you lot seemed to embrace that very probable outcome without blinking. It is rather interesting to see alliances crumble in real time. Perhaps with COVID-19 the U.K. will have a re think. Or perhaps not. But Bojo might as well be Jezza light to many over here.

Latest Threads