CHINA'S LIABILITY?

Apart from genetic sequencing the virus and it looking like it coming from a natural source.
I've read various articles re sequencing, they haven't been able to sequence all the way back. I read something that said this virus is about 12 mutations from the one found in the caves in 2012, that's as close as they've got AFIK.

There's loads of sources on the Internet that have nothing to do with sky.
Apart from being "the likes of", that is. Fellow travellers on the blame train, as it were.

At a rough guess, how many of these loads are actually experts in viruses of the spread of disease, and how many are pushing theories concocted by others who're not experts either?

The public debate isn't about what actually happened, assuming it ever was. It's about who doesn't get a chair when the music stops.

The very same one who got his ass blown off by a team of well- armed ch*nks in ski- masks ?
There's no shortage of talking heads willing to promote it. Why aren't they turning up dead of 'natural causes with Chinese characteristics'?

It isn't over yet.

'The head of the World Health Organisation has said the Wuhan lab leak theory can’t be ruled out and that China should help solve the mystery of where Covid came from.

'WHO Director General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, 56, urged more “transparency” from China in the ongoing investigation and suggested that Beijing had not fully co-operated. Where Covid-19 originated from has still not been established although two main theories have emerged – either from animal contact at a wet market in Wuhan or a leak from the research laboratory in the same Chinese city. China has repeatedly stated it is not responsible for the global pandemic and dismissed conspiracy theories that say the virus was made by humans.

US President Joe Biden last month ordered US intelligence agencies to report in the next three months on whether Covid-19 emerged from an animal or during a laboratory accident. Dr Tedros, speaking at a G7 summit briefing, said the possibility of it coming from a lab leak hadn’t been ruled out and that “every hypothesis should be open”.

You are kidding me on. The west has done nothing but blame China, just not using
Absolutely not the case. Irrespective of the media case not one politician has called for China to actually state what happened. China has used WHO to it’s own ends as a mouthpiece. Not one resolution from any one body to even ask for a letter of explanation. All we are told is that we have to get back to normal cautiously. All China has done has found everyone else to blame when some has pointed the finger. Now you and I will not agree on this so I will let it rest there.

Exactly, This is a case of everyone and no-one baby. We listen to the doctor- they get it wrong- sometimes.
Item two- you want to think about that? cos no two people agree on the facts. People put out the facts they like. Now don't get me wrong, they probably all mean well, but isn't the road to hell paved with good intentions.
If you think that 'no two people agree on the facts' suggests that you have made a deliberate effort to not read up on any science

Irrespective of the media case not one politician has called for China to actually state what happened.
Perhaps because China has already stated their version of what happened and are unlikely to change it? That's nowhere near the same thing as not assigning blame, which seems to have been cheerfully concluded and by much the same people as claim lab release can't be ruled out because the facts haven't been established. Sounds a little like 'situating the appreciation', to my ears.

Biden is at least going through the motions of investigating before making a definitive response, although I suspect that's at least as much to help neutralise pre-election claims he's 'soft' on China as it is to establish a chain of events.

If you think that 'no two people agree on the facts' suggests that you have made a deliberate effort to not read up on any science
I plead guilty to that, I am not a scientist, in fact I have now lost patience with the “evige Grinsen”, plus I’ll add that I am a busy retiree, who has to keep the bowling green, walk the dog twice a day etc. I am not desk bound. I plug into this site around four times a day for about 20 mins a time, some times a bit more. In fact the lock down has barely affected me at all, with the exception of not seeing the grand kids. However please be aware that we are affected by the regurgitated Science by the media, so we have no idea how they distort things for their purposes.
But if any one of the science community can tell me with any certainty whether or where it started in China that everyone will agree on I shall be eternally grateful, because that’s my point.

Perhaps because China has already stated their version of what happened and are unlikely to change it? That's nowhere near the same thing as not assigning blame, which seems to have been cheerfully concluded and by much the same people as claim lab release can't be ruled out because the facts haven't been established. Sounds a little like 'situating the appreciation', to my ears.

Biden is at least going through the motions of investigating before making a definitive response, although I suspect that's at least as much to help neutralise pre-election claims he's 'soft' on China as it is to establish a chain of events.
And that’s where they are. China will maintain it’s position and the inquiry will achieve so much but no more. On that basis we may not know the truth ever.
respect as ever

I plead guilty to that, I am not a scientist, in fact I have now lost patience with the “evige Grinsen”, plus I’ll add that I am a busy retiree, who has to keep the bowling green, walk the dog twice a day etc. I am not desk bound. I plug into this site around four times a day for about 20 mins a time, some times a bit more. In fact the lock down has barely affected me at all, with the exception of not seeing the grand kids. However please be aware that we are affected by the regurgitated Science by the media, so we have no idea how they distort things for their purposes.
But if any one of the science community can tell me with any certainty whether or where it started in China that everyone will agree on I shall be eternally grateful, because that’s my point.
There is no definitive answer yet - there may never be

This post, and the links, my help

The truth about COVID, it origins, the spread, will continue to be sought. The human and economic devastation created globally demands it.

There certainly seems determined efforts to hide the truth and it has been seen and remarked upon.

The Atlantic is a serious publication, a recent article.

Ad_Astra

Clanker
The truth about COVID, it origins, the spread, will continue to be sought. The human and economic devastation created globally demands it.

There certainly seems determined efforts to hide the truth and it has been seen and remarked upon.

The Atlantic is a serious publication, a recent article.

Thanks for this article. While there's still doubt about the Wuhan lab leak, I can't see how ANYONE can deny the initial coverup.

I can't see how ANYONE can deny the initial coverup.
Nobody does, especially not the central CCP. They've sacked dozens of officials found to have concealed evidence.

It's a structural problem the flipside of which is greater flexibility and responsiveness when officials do their job properly. When they don't, they can use the same means to suppress bad news and conceal it from their superiors.

Sacked or disappeared?
Sacked. Quite a few of them have been imprisoned too, after criminal proceedings.

It probably came as a bit of a relief after the tender mercies of the Committee for Discipline Inspection. At least prisoners have some notional rights - Party members give them up to the CDI when they join.

Sacked. Quite a few of them have been imprisoned too, after criminal proceedings.

It probably came as a bit of a relief after the tender mercies of the Committee for Discipline Inspection. At least prisoners have some notional rights - Party members give them up to the CDI when they join.
But that is surely convenience and connivance. There is a subtle difference between being caught for being an embarrassment to the party and thus an enemy of the state and the state being acutely aware that wrong doers should be brought to book. I mean we know that from the NS state