CHINA'S LIABILITY?

On the other hand it's lifted nearly a billion people out of poverty in the past 40 years and no I'm not a 50 center. I just don't get my 'facts' from the Daily Express... :rofl:
Ahh yes another of the China promoters crawls out of the woodwork. Gold medal and all. Yes China buys it influence around the world as well.

None of my previous 'posts/facts' were anything to do with the Daily Express??

Isn’t it the duty of any Government to lift its population out of poverty?

If it has only been, according to you, in the 'past 40 years’, then all I can say is that it is a bit behind the US and Western nations, who have in the past 100’s of years, been making major societal social and economic efforts to better their population’s lot.

I, and anyone else, will freely admit the gigantic strides, economic and social, that China has achieved in the last few years. And if examined more closely, can be seen to be down to cyber theft of intellectual property on a massive scale, a seeding of Chinese students throughout the free worlds University’s, places of research all taken back to China, and reproduction on a truly vast scale of the intellectual and scientific advances of more advanced countries.

It has, by producing cheap labour on a vast scale with its vast population, an alternative sweat-shop to undercut other countries work forces, and very cleverly obtained the know how and knowledge accordingly to become the producer to the world of cheaper good than can be produced in China instead of in the countries who had developed the techniques to produce these good in the first place.

They have worked hard. They have had little compunction about not abiding by what the rest of the world consider to be acceptable standards.

If these, the CCP, are who you consider to be worthy of your admiration, loyalty and adulation, then it certainly gives the rest of us on the Forum, a measure of who you are, what you believe in, and to where your loyalties are beholden.

Because the government you are ‘rooting’ for...in your capacity as a vegetable, just happens to be more repressive, more totalitarian, lies more, and quite frankly a more frightening prospect as the worlds next superpower!!

You are a dedicated spokesvegetable for China who at the moment has unleashed upon the globe, intentionally...or by unintentional carelessness, a killer viral global pandemic that they are frantically denying.

You have fanatically toed the CCP line, argue tirelessly their complete innocence, and quite honestly come across and a serious 50 cent advocate for their cause.

You try hard, but as hard as both you and the CCP have put China’s case it does not stack up against overwhelming evidence of China’s abrogation of agreements with Britain over Hong Kong, the Tien Mien Square massacre, it appalling human rights issues with Tibet, the Uyghurs, and it’s population in general.

It is a repressive regime that I, and many others, believe is a complete blight upon what individual freedoms are enjoyed in the world by billions who are happily not under the control of the CCP!!!
Your ignore button's broken.

On the other hand it's lifted nearly a billion people out of poverty in the past 40 years and no I'm not a 50 center. I just don't get my 'facts' from the Daily Express... :rofl:
Would they have been lifted out of poverty earlier if they had a different regime?

endure

GCM
Probably, South Koea, Japan and Taiwan manged to do it very well and are all modern inclusive democracies.
Japan has a population a tenth the size of China, the others even less so.

endure

GCM
Ahh yes another of the China promoters crawls out of the woodwork. Gold medal and all. Yes China buys it influence around the world as well.
If you seriously believe that China buys my influence then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you :mrgreen:

Probably, South Koea, Japan and Taiwan manged to do it very well and are all modern inclusive democracies.
Yeah, it's a bit like people who praise the Soviet Communist Party for defeating Nazi Germany.

It kinda ignores the fact that any reasonably sane, semi-competent non-Communist Russian government probably wouldn't have let itself be caught with its trousers round its ankles and most of its officer corps in a gulag when the Nazis invaded in the first place, and would have managed to defeat the Nazis in 1943 instead of two years later at such horrific cost and through such breath-taking bungling. The Soviets won in spite of, rather than because the Communists were in charge.

The Chinese Communist Party has brought China out of poverty largely by abandoning all the batshit crazy Communist policies that left post-war China mired in poverty while the rest of East Asia caught up with and surpassed the rest of the world economically.

A nation looking to establish itself as a key trading nation in the 21st century will distance itself from a market which consists of 1/5th of the human race and has increasing disposable income?

Well, God loves an optimist.
Of course we should trade with the Chinese. We won't need to profess any fake friendliness or sympathy with them, so should be able to take a more hard-nosed approach to negotiating. Maximise profits when dealing with them.

No worries on that score.

But whilst legitimate goods go in and out of the front-door, hopefully some of the more shadowy elements within the UK's intelligence community will be shipping weapons, intelligence, and training, through China's back-door (yes, yes, calm down all of you) to the Uighurs, East-Turkistan terrorists, and Tibetan separatists.

Why wouldn't you? It's just good business and old-fashioned, underhanded diplomacy. Iron-fist, velvet glove and so on.

But whilst legitimate goods go in and out of the front-door, hopefully some of the more shadowy elements within the UK's intelligence community will be shipping weapons, intelligence, and training, through China's back-door (yes, yes, calm down all of you) to the Uighurs, East-Turkistan terrorists, and Tibetan separatists.

Why wouldn't you? It's just good business and old-fashioned, underhanded diplomacy. Iron-fist, velvet glove and so on.
Big boy's games, big boy's rules, I agree. I'd caveat that funding insurrections in that part of the world tends to have unfortunate consequences a decade or two later, so care is needed. Both ourselves and the PRC are reaping a bitter harvest from having funded and equipped the Mujahideen against the Soviets and we'd probably be better off not encouraging that sort.

Enjoying life in a re-education facility?

'The fate of a Chinese researcher believed to be the world’s first COVID-19 patient remains a mystery despite a year-long search by Western intelligence officials investigating the origins of the pandemic.

'Huang Yanling, who worked at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, was one of scores of doctors, scientists, activists and journalists who disappeared during the Chinese Communist Party’s suspected cover-up.

'During the early weeks of the outbreak last February, rumours swirled on Chinese social media that the graduate student was “patient zero”, creating a direct link between the controversial lab and the virus outbreak.

'Chinese officials quickly stepped in to censor the reports from the internet. The Wuhan Institute of Virology denied she was patient zero and insisted, without evidence, that she was alive and well elsewhere in the country – while scrubbing her biography and image from its website.

'A post purporting to be from Huang later appeared on social media platform WeChat. “To my teachers and fellow students, how long no speak,” the message said. “I am Huang Yanling, still alive. If you receive any email (regarding the COVID-19 rumour), please say it’s not true.”

'Her former boss made a separate post on social media claiming that she had left the institute in 2015, while a Chinese news agency claimed that it had spoken with her new employer but provided no other details.'

Suspected COVID-19 patient zero still missing after year-long search (news.com.au)

Big boy's games, big boy's rules, I agree. I'd caveat that funding insurrections in that part of the world tends to have unfortunate consequences a decade or two later, so care is needed. Both ourselves and the PRC are reaping a bitter harvest from having funded and equipped the Mujahideen against the Soviets and we'd probably be better off not encouraging that sort.
Oh we don't want them to win! Except perhaps the Tibetans.

No, we need to feed a decades long, low-level terrorist war that takes up much of the CCP's leadership's time, money, and Chinese blood. Keep it bubbling just below the point at which one side wins. We need them to slowly bleed each other, not to death, but to the point of weakness.

It's nothing personal you understand, just international geo-politics.

Oh we don't want them to win! Except perhaps the Tibetans.

No, we need to feed a decades long, low-level terrorist war that takes up much of the CCP's leadership's time, money, and Chinese blood. Keep it bubbling just below the point at which one side wins. We need them to slowly bleed each other, not to death, but to the point of weakness.

It's nothing personal you understand, just international geo-politics.
So, nothing new, just the same old same old.

Yes, but the anti-Chicoms will be better armed.
And why not, just what the world needs at this time, another potential war hot spot, well it keeps the population numbers in check, and as we have no natural predators, its all part of the big celestial plan. Don't forget, that the worlds arms dealers will be minted, and the factory's churning out the waywithall to instant death and destruction will be in full production, and its workers earning a good wage, everybody wins, except the poor bastards at the receiving end of high velocity nasty s, all instigated by the egos and political shenanigans of evil men.....just a few random thought's!

And why not, just what the world needs at this time, another potential war hot spot, well it keeps the population numbers in check, and as we have no natural predators, its all part of the big celestial plan. Don't forget, that the worlds arms dealers will be minted, and the factory's churning out the waywithall to instant death and destruction will be in full production, and its workers earning a good wage, everybody wins, except the poor bastards at the receiving end of high velocity nasty s, all instigated by the egos and political shenanigans of evil men.....just a few random thought's!
You make that sound like a bad thing?

If we can hurt the PRC, it's leadership and it's economy, all whilst making money of them, where's the harm?

You make that sound like a bad thing?

If we can hurt the PRC, it's leadership and it's economy, all whilst making money of them, where's the harm?
Its a two edged sword, promoting aggression, however modest is always going to end in tears, and standing by and doing nothing, allows the protagonist to further his influence and political ambitions. Nobody wins.

Yeah, it's a bit like people who praise the Soviet Communist Party for defeating Nazi Germany.

It kinda ignores the fact that any reasonably sane, semi-competent non-Communist Russian government probably wouldn't have let itself be caught with its trousers round its ankles and most of its officer corps in a gulag when the Nazis Germans invaded in the first place, and would have managed to defeat the Nazis Germans in 1943 instead of two years later at such horrific cost and through such breath-taking bungling. The Soviets won in spite of, rather than because the Communists were in charge.
Mike, the 'Nazis' were the government and members of the party. Those doing the invading and in due course being defeated were the Germans.

This is partly me being pedantic, but also me believing that referring to Germans as Nazis is another little step in the whitewashing of history, perpetuating the myth that the Germans were victims of the Nazis. This position will, of course, suit today's Germans, but it is a falsehood.

Latest Threads