Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CHINA'S LIABILITY?

I often find that the least educated, and informed, commentators, on any subject, are those who accuse anybody that disagrees with them, even (especially) when supported by evidence, a 'troll'.

I often find that the least educated, and informed, commentators, on any subject, are those who accuse anybody that disagrees with them, even (especially) when supported by evidence, a 'troll'.
It's almost as if there were a correlation between loud voices and small brains.

But sometimes it is a fact.

And as for China’s liability how about some facts for you as unpalatable as they may be for someone as defensive of China as you and the smart yellow vegetable.

She has an irritating voice, however she does air some interesting points that China would rather not be talked about.

Since it is already public knowledge that the WHO is controlled by China, hardly surprising.

But sometimes it is a fact.
Usually when it's something posted in response to what you've asserted. I'll give you a hint - it's that thing biting you on the arse.

Alternatively, try dealing with them yourself and making your own mind up.

Oh, 'mind'. I see the flaw there...

Alternatively, try dealing with them yourself and making your own mind up.

Oh, 'mind'. I see the flaw there...
I do, on a daily basis.

Part of my team is based in Beijing, and they are hard-working, reliable, knowledgable and helpful.

Individually they are fine.

Collectively, when funnelled through their Government's fear of losing face they are lying scumbags.

Collectively, when funnelled through their Government's fear of losing face they are lying scumbags.
That differentiates the PRC from other governments how, exactly?

Because other governments can be voted out when the individuals tire of them.
That's been an absolute, surefire cure for governments lying? You want to bet a kidney on that?

Oh come on. ;)
Why? They have lied, yes. They'll continue to lie, undoubtedly. Are they unique in that? Not on your luggage-equipped pachyderm.

If we're prepared to tolerate lying from multiple other governments - including our own, including our allies and including atrociously repressive ones who serve our national interests - why does it suddenly become unacceptable in this one case?

Why? They have lied, yes. They'll continue to lie, undoubtedly. Are they unique in that? Not on your luggage-equipped pachyderm.

If we're prepared to tolerate lying from multiple other governments - including our own, including our allies and including atrociously repressive ones who serve our national interests - why does it suddenly become unacceptable in this one case?
The fundamental difference between totalitarian and broadly democratic regimes? Nor did I imply that diplomacy doesn’t include a distortion of the actualitee. At least we know that manipulation is taking place, the real distinction being that we are not required think what our governments tell us. Nor is it a criminal offence for us to disagree.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
My bold: I would say because hundreds of thousands have died and many more yet to die.

The fundamental difference between totalitarian and broadly democratic regimes?
The only fundamental difference between regimes is their behaviour and there's nothing magic about lying democratically that makes it less of a lie.

An SOP is either right for everyone or wrong for everyone. No ifs, buts or 'coz it's us'-es.

My bold: I would say because hundreds of thousands have died and many more yet to die.
*Cough*WMD*Cough*

The list of countries whose governments have lied and continue to lie resulting in massive deaths actively caused by those lies is pretty long, yet our response seems pretty muted when it doesn't serve our national interests to level criticism.

If a behaviour is wrong, it's wrong for everyone. If it's not wrong for everyone, it's not wrong.

The only fundamental difference between regimes is their behaviour and there's nothing magic about lying democratically that makes it less of a lie.

An SOP is either right for everyone or wrong for everyone. No ifs, buts or 'coz it's us'-es.
Er I know. Your last line is a bit sweeping bearing in mind the load of fake news generated, largely at the behest of totalitarian regimes who do not have freedom of thought. In a utopian world, it would be true, but it’s not. It can be suggested that electorates should be ignored as they cannot affect anything. But Brexit has proved that untrue. The electorate here has had a stunning victory in affecting policy, that even the Americans have failed to grasp.
Perhaps their version was the election of Trump That the elites couldn’t tolerate.

Latest Threads