Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CHINA'S LIABILITY?

I am a bit of a Rubicon/Danzig type of guy and relaxed about threats, until they're arrive on my doorstep and force a reaction.... China has a long list of infractions and in my view, the plague is the final straw and the belt-road and its other actions its time for push back.

We are in a transition phase, but china will NOT be able to talk its way out of this mess.

I admire your optimism and as much as I would like to see steps taken, the global economy (and China's position in it) will probably take precedence over a proportionate reaction.

I admire your optimism and as much as I would like to see steps taken, the global economy (and China's position in it) will probably take precedence over a proportionate reaction.
1990s - Populism was the home of the fringe and the good times for some created a benign political environment.
2008 - People lost trust in the financial markets.
2020 - People lost trust in the global economy.

When people lose trust it will be reflected in the politics and your global economy cannot buy off the politicians forever.

1990s - Populism was the home of the fringe and the good times for some created a benign political environment.
2008 - People lost trust in the financial markets.
2020 - People lost trust in the global economy.

When people lose trust it will be reflected in the politics and your global economy cannot buy off the politicians forever.

I agree that politicians can be replaced. The only problem is that so many of the products that we take for granted are produced in the communist paradise, any response will have to be measured against how much its going to cost in £, $ etc to reshore or find alternative sources of near slave labour costs.

find alternative sources of near slave labour costs.
That's been getting done for quite a few years now, with Vietnam, the Philippines and Thailand being particular beneficiaries. Basically, the same transition that happened when low-cost production moved from Japan and Taiwan to China.

At that time, Japan was the big economic bogeyman, particularly in the US, but their climbing the value chain didn't result in any large-scale inshoring on industry. It just moved on to the next low-cost/adequate skill country. I don't see why things would be any different this time.

That's been getting done for quite a few years now, with Vietnam, the Philippines and Thailand being particular beneficiaries. Basically, the same transition that happened when low-cost production moved from Japan and Taiwan to China.

At that time, Japan was the big economic bogeyman, particularly in the US, but their climbing the value chain didn't result in any large-scale inshoring on industry. It just moved on to the next low-cost/adequate skill country. I don't see why things would be any different this time.

I am aware that its not solely China, I was highlighting the scale of production that China can facilitate.

I am aware that its not solely China, I was highlighting the scale of production that China can facilitate.
Indeed. One of the big problems in understanding the 'economic miracle' is that people often assume the low cost is purely down to low wages and government support. In fact, one of the biggest drivers has been market competition within China.

Simply put, in order to survive in what is not just the largest but also the most congested and cutthroat market on the globe, Chinese companies have had to learn to thrive on margins that would horrify western companies and they became very good at it long before they were ever unleashed on the world outside.

I agree that politicians can be replaced. The only problem is that so many of the products that we take for granted are produced in the communist paradise, any response will have to be measured against how much its going to cost in £, $ etc to reshore or find alternative sources of near slave labour costs.
I think we both accept that the diversity agenda, is part of the branding necessary, to keep the global economy running, without too much interference and the problem(China) and the establishment first solution(Migration), then second solution(technology) have both created even less control, which is evidence of declining trust by the people in the loyalties of the governments that serve.

Covid proved the old multilateral/multinational systems are unable to protect us and that dynamic will be at the heart of politics for the next thirty years.

Are the dastardly Chinese capable of anything! I'd actually reckon 'unlikely, but not impossible'.

'Did China trick the world into committing economic suicide?

'As the global community continues to grapple with the fallout from the coronaviruspandemic – and the economic catastrophe caused by the associated “lockdowns” imposed by governments around the world – a chilling new theory has emerged.

'It goes like this – China, in an enormous disinformation campaign spread via social media and through compromised voices in Western politics, science and medicine, aggressively pushed for other nations to follow its lead, with the goal of intentionally destroying their economies.

'That’s according to Michael Senger, a lawyer and researcher based in Atlanta, Georgia. In an article for Tablet Magazine, Senger has laid out a disturbing timeline of evidence that, if true, hints at what could be the most effective and devastating psy-op ever carried out by a world government. “By promoting fraudulent data, aggressively deploying disinformation, and flexing its institutional clout, Beijing transformed the snake oil of lockdowns into ‘science’, crippling rival economies, expanding its influence and sowing authoritarian values,” Senger writes on Twitter.'

It's amazing the kind of clinical insanity that passes for commentary these days.

Are the dastardly Chinese capable of anything! I'd actually reckon 'unlikely, but not impossible'.

'Did China trick the world into committing economic suicide?

'As the global community continues to grapple with the fallout from the coronaviruspandemic – and the economic catastrophe caused by the associated “lockdowns” imposed by governments around the world – a chilling new theory has emerged.

'It goes like this – China, in an enormous disinformation campaign spread via social media and through compromised voices in Western politics, science and medicine, aggressively pushed for other nations to follow its lead, with the goal of intentionally destroying their economies.

'That’s according to Michael Senger, a lawyer and researcher based in Atlanta, Georgia. In an article for Tablet Magazine, Senger has laid out a disturbing timeline of evidence that, if true, hints at what could be the most effective and devastating psy-op ever carried out by a world government. “By promoting fraudulent data, aggressively deploying disinformation, and flexing its institutional clout, Beijing transformed the snake oil of lockdowns into ‘science’, crippling rival economies, expanding its influence and sowing authoritarian values,” Senger writes on Twitter.'

Yes, I am sure that makes perfect sense for a country whose economy is heavily dependent upon exports :rolleyes:

Yes, I am sure that makes perfect sense for a country whose economy is heavily dependent upon exports :rolleyes:
And which is basing its entire diplomatic grand strategy on intertwining economic interests across the globe.

A question, could a portion of low cost production not be done by removing the human element all together, and be reshored?
No need to pay salaries for robots, who work 24/7 and don't need to social distance. It also adds resilience, look at how much has been lost to multiple outbreaks emmenating from the area.
It seems the problems are initial investment?

It seems the problems are initial investment?
Initial investment; infrastructure for power generation; transport for bulk raw materials and bulk finished goods; willingness of the population to take the inevitable hits for something which generates few jobs; and the bunfights over distribution of pork.

One thing is certain, in discussing possible liability for the aggravation of the spread of COVID, and devastation of global economies, the CCPis planning to use the downturn in Western economies to its benefit.

China intends to seek out more foreign direct investment, seize market share in critical industries, and it trying to stop any confrontation by the West for its recent behaviour and to counter recent US efforts to counteract China’s subversive international antics.

After the 2008 financial crisis, China swiftly filled the economic void by building up its national champion companies using huge government subsidies and massive intellectual property theft.

It now has some of the world’s largest and most capable firms with which it is planning to overproduce various goods to flood markets and increase market share, while Western companies are now crippled by the COVID restrictions. It is also preparing to be a major destination for foreign capital as its markets bounce back before ours.

Last edited:
While the Obama administration sat idly looking on!
The world in general sat by as Chinese hackers looted their way merrily round the world stealing secrets and intellectual rights as the biggest heist in history went down.

Yes the Democrats don’t have a very good track record with that one.

Yokel

LE
The world in general sat by as Chinese hackers looted their way merrily round the world stealing secrets and intellectual rights as the biggest heist in history went down.

Yes the Democrats don’t have a very good track record with that one.

Whilst the West was distracted by Iraq and Afghanistan and Iraq, and thought that state on state competition was a thing of the past, and counter intelligence resources were watered down, and manufacturing was seen as less fashionable than the service economy....

It was not only American politicians asleep at the wheel.

An interesting summary of the way the PRC's trade and economic policies and its IP regulations and enforcement have evolved along with its economy.

The historical background helps explain why the PRC has little confidence in 'principle' to uphold international agreements, while the raw numbers (USD30bn royalty payments, for example) help explain why it remains such an attractive proposition for foreign IP vendors.

Nobody ever went to China for the good of China.

Whilst the West was distracted by Iraq and Afghanistan and Iraq, and thought that state on state competition was a thing of the past, and counter intelligence resources were watered down, and manufacturing was seen as less fashionable than the service economy....

It was not only American politicians asleep at the wheel.
Unfortunately nearly everyone was unaware of the depth and breadth and of the extent of the massive intellectual theft that was taking place.

The greatest transfer of wealth in history. China and cybercrime.

In 2015 when this statement had been made it was still only the tip of the iceberg.

It continues today.

Latest Threads