CHINA'S LIABILITY?

I'm surprised this thread has been allowed to survive. According to at least one mod, any mention of blaming the Chinese is "racist".

Oh my opinions evolve... Before christmas I would have sold my soul to make brexit work and that means dealing with the devil(china). Post-covid outbreak, I was wrong and I think the british government should be tearing up the huawei deal as we speak.

Its the trouble with compromise, not to get religious but once you start to compromise your principles for a supposed greater good, we all become infected.
Let’s hope they do. Congress is going to have a few bones to pick after this. If Johnson doesn’t change his stance after this, then the UK will be cast adrift.

Yeah cos the world is really going to punish a nuclear power with a shit load of cash and strong economy.
They love to when they think it is the US. So, again, you are saying that you just won't stand up to the one that is actually a willful threat, that has done wrong. Yes, you are craven, and so you can feel better about yourself, everyone else must be more so, because you will always get your last word in, on repeat, where you can be safe behind a screen.

Maybe I'm missing something, but Article 31 deals with international travel.

I think you're drawing a very long bow.
Very clearly discussing The UN's International Law Commission's Articles on State Responsibility, not the UN Charter (and Article 31 there is about non-Security Council member participation without vote, in any case).

International Law Commission
Report on the work of its fifty-third session
(23 April-1 June and 2 July-10 August 2001)
General Assembly
Official Records

Article 31
Reparation

The responsible State is under an obligation to make full reparation for the injury caused by the internationally wrongful act.

Injury includes any damage, whether material or moral, caused by the internationally wrongful act of a State.

Last edited:
They love to when they think it is the US. So, again, you are saying that you just won't stand up to the one that is actually a willful threat, that has done wrong. Yes, you are craven, and so you can feel better about yourself, everyone else must be more so, because you will always get your last word in, on repeat, where you can be safe behind a screen.
Russian invaded the Ukraine, the USA invaded Iraq, The French sank Rainbow Warrior.
Wheres all the retribution?
Big boys can do what they like, screaming how unfair it all is wont change that.

Russian invaded the Ukraine, the USA invaded Iraq, The French sank Rainbow Warrior.
Big boys can do what they like, screaming how unfair it all is wont change that.
Then you also understand major players can also take action against each other if needed.

Stack blankets and Keep yipping...
blanket_yipper1.jpg

Then you also understand major players can also take action against each other if needed.
But they dont, a few minor "punishments" so the public can see that something is being done and then business as usual.

But they dont, a few minor "punishments" so the public can see that something is being done and then business as usual.
But not. People are now woke to the China danger , and won’t bat an eye when change happens. The discrimination against Huawei here is just the start.

But not. People are now woke to the China danger , and won’t bat an eye when change happens. The discrimination against Huawei here is just the start.
Who has "woke up", they are the ******* with all the money.
A bit like Europes tough stance on Russia, but it still wants its gas so best not rock the boat to much.

Who has "woke up", they are the ******* with all the money.
A bit like Europes tough stance on Russia, but it still wants its gas so best not rock the boat to much.
The vast majority of the American people dealing with the Kung Flu. Realizing that letting them maintain control of strategic sectors of our economy doesn’t bode well with many.

Last edited:
The bast majority of the American people dealing with the Kung Flu. Realizing that letting them maintain control of strategic sectors of our economy doesn’t bode well with many.
If they want jobs and money they will do as they are told.
They are 23.5 Trillion dollars in debt, they arent in a position to get preachy.

If they want jobs and money they will do as they are told.
They are 23.5 Trillion dollars in debt, they arent in a position to get preachy.
Oh Jesus, get real. The National Debt is a number, especially when you control the printing press. The Kung Flu is only going to accelerate the break up with the Chinese.

China deserves to be punished with a severity that would make the Rape of Nanking look like gentle foreplay. Unfortunately, might makes right and the Chinese possess sufficient economic and military muscle to ensure they will not receive what they richly deserve.

However, three of the deadliest earthquakes in history happened in China, with a combined death toll well north of a million. So we might get lucky. ;)

Oh Jesus, get real. The National Debt is a number, especially when you control the printing press. The Kung Flu is only going to accelerate the break up with the Chinese.
Just print your way out of debt? Great idea Mugabe, I bet those Chinese are shitting themselves at your strategy

Latest Threads