CHINA'S LIABILITY?

Already started.
Good luck with that!:giggle::giggle::giggle:

A 'class action' by 'concerned citizens' against any government, let alone a reign like the CPC, has a snowball's chance in Hell of getting anywhere beyond the Daily Mail/National Enquirer level of credibility. It needs governments, and G7-sized ones, to have any chance of any effect, and the backlash from China will be a major storm to weather. I'm not sure anyone has the appetite, or the resilience, to take on the task.

Good luck with that! A 'class action' by 'concerned citizens' against any government, let alone a reign like the CPC, has a snowball's chance in Hell of getting anywhere beyond the daily Mail/National Enquirer level of credibility. It needs governments, and G7-sized ones, to have any chance of any effect, and the backlash from China will be a major storm to weather. I'm not sure anyone has the appetite, or the resilience, to take on the task.
That might be so, but the opinion of the PRC is pretty low. The backlash against them will happen in many forms. I would imagine Taiwan will be getting some pretty neat kit here in the near future.

That might be so, but the opinion of the PRC is pretty low. The backlash against them will happen in many forms. I would imagine Taiwan will be getting purchasing from US companies some pretty neat kit here in the near future.
FOC

My bad for the written debauchery. I was also reading my suspension of Civil Liberties notice, and how I am now verbotten from leaving the State for personal travel.
So much for your 'freedoms' against the wicked state under the 2nd Amendment.

So, who's gonna step up to the plate and be be Billy Big-Balls?

'I have not come to any definitive views on the merits of these claims. Assuming that they had some merit, one would still need to identify a State willing to sue China before the International Court of Justice, which, of course, is not an easy task. But even if the legal challenge is not successful, pursuing such a case in a public forum like the International Court of Justice could still lead to significant political victories. It is not every day that one comes across violations of international law that are, allegedly, responsible for the deaths of so many people in so many countries. So if there is any case where justice should be done, this would certainly be it.'

Full article - Taking China to the International Court of Justice over COVID-19 – EJIL: Talk!
The Logical place to start would be the UN since both we, the US and China Are members of the SC . This need not lead to a full blown vote where vetos are chucked about and what are the Russians or the French going to do? Officially side with China? This is where the ways and means act comes into play. I know it hasn’t worked significantly with Russian misbehaviour, but this is of an order.of magnitude greater than that.

My bad for the written debauchery. I was also reading my suspension of Civil Liberties notice, and how I am now verbotten from leaving the State for personal travel.
So what about the concept of “clear and present danger” I mean just because countries have reacted in an uncoordinated way, by definition, doesn’t mean politicians in control of the state shouldn’t react somehow or would you recommend the Swedish route. I mean I’m easy, nobody has got it right, but then the politicians can do a Pontious on the experts

So what about the concept of “clear and present danger” I mean just because countries have reacted in an uncoordinated way, by definition, doesn’t mean politicians in control of the state shouldn’t react somehow or would you recommend the Swedish route. I mean I’m easy, nobody has got it right, but then the politicians can do a Pontious on the experts
I wouldn’t be rolling my eyes at my employer, if they actually shut the public portion of our building down. We have a few people who interact with the masses, but those employees then move about the building, using the bathrooms, break room, and visiting with other coworkers.

So in essence our safety is still being jeopardized. Telling me I can’t travel past state lines, but letting the public in the building defeats the entire purpose of this social distancing concept.

Now may be the point at which everyone has to bite the bullet and bite China.

China is bucking the global health trend thanks to its blind refusal to match civilised social health practices with its advancing wealth. We’ve now had three major epidemics break out of China over the last generation, each one worse than the Previous, and now, despite multiple warnings, Chinas let out The Big One’ - its only 2% fatal, but if it was a SARS like 10%, it would have plunged the whole world back into a new Dark Age.
There is a very arguable case that China now represents an existential threat to humanity.

Last edited:
Seems the Chinese were doing some panic-buying of their own. Of course now they can sell these items back at profit, but that's capitalism for you.

'China stockpiled more than 2 billion surgical masks and essential medical supplies in a global panic buy now impacting the worldwide shortage of protective equipment. The two billion masks and 25 million pieces of personal protective equipment (PPE) were imported from Australia and other overseas countries between January and March.

'On Thursday, a Chinese government report detailing its foreign trade for the first two months of the year was uncovered, Daily Mail Australia reported. When the Wuhan-originated virus was at its peak, the Chinese government went on a global campaign to recruit Chinese-owned companies in foreign countries to raid stocks of the items. While Australia’s first COVID-19 infected person arrived on a plane from China on January 19, the virus had only just begun to spread globally when the big buy-up began.

'China saw a “rapid growth in imports of commodities and key consumer goods” comprising 2.46 billion medical supply items. These included masks, gloves, hand sanitiser, hazmat suits, ventilators and other materials. The National Customs in China inspected the billions of items between January 24 and February 29, according to the report.'

What nice people, being our helping friends.

'A China-based global firm is on an aggressive sales drive to profit from flooding Australia with millions of surgical masks as the Australian health system suffers a national shortage.

'Despite Australia being just one country suffering a worldwide shortage of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), the company seems to have plentiful supplies. It is offering masks for sale in minimum orders of 100,000 at about $235,000.

'The company, DongGuan Crown Win Packaging, appears to be using a fear campaign marketing tactic in selling the masks, saying the “coronavirus is getting worse, spread quickly”. It then says “I hope you take good care of yourself and your family members” in an email from the company, also known as just Crown Win, obtained by news.com.au.

'The email sent to Australian firms addresses them as “my dear friend” and says “let’s fight against the CONVID-19 (sic) together … hope the whole world get better ASAP” The Crown Win campaign comes after Chinese companies drained Australia’s supplies of masks, gloves, hand sanitiser and other essential medical supplies and shipped them in bulk to China.'

The masks they are sending over are being rejected as useless and even faulty

Same as the testing kits they've been selling.

danielwayne

Clanker
We need an economic “cordon sanitaire” around China after this, and we must be prepared to stomach the consequences (economic and financial) of such an option. Allowing China to be part of the WTO - Clinton's doing - was one of the worst decisions ever taken by the so-called West. China's rise started then.

Of course, nothing will happen.

We need an economic “cordon sanitaire” around China after this, and we must be prepared to stomach the consequences (economic and financial) of such an option. Allowing China to be part of the WTO - Clinton's doing - was one of the worst decisions ever taken by the so-called West. China's rise started then.

Of course, nothing will happen.
And the World Health Organization needs calling out for what its become, The Wuhan Health Organization.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
And the World Health Organization needs calling out for what its become, The Wuhan Health Organization.
Let's not forget the Wuhan Centre for the Prevention of diseases....

Sackerson

Old-Salt
Considering most of the supplies and factories that produce face masks and protective equipments are located in China, it will take a brave country to piss China up in the coming months. I suspect all the talks of human rights in China will suddendly be put on the back burner as nations frantically try to secure the next batch of masks coming out the Chinese production lines....
Yes, read between the lines (using Google Translate) in this communique from Xinhua: 理直气壮,世界应该感谢中国-新华网...

'If China retaliates against the United States at this time, in addition to announcing a travel ban on the United States, it also announces the strategic control of medical products and the ban on export to the United States, then the United States will be caught in the sea of new coronavirus.

According to the public statement of officials of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, most of the masks in the United States are produced in China and imported from China. If China prohibits the export of masks to the United States, the United States will fall into a mask shortage, and the most basic measures to prevent the new coronavirus are all Can't do it.'

I don't know. There's much finger-pointing going on. But there's more than one way to join the dots. We're now starting to get people saying they may have had (a) coronavirus before this all blew up.
They almost certainly did have a Coronavirus before this: common cold is a Coronavirus. It's just nothing to do with Novel-coronavirus-19.

Latest Threads