CHINA'S LIABILITY?

Does the Daily Mail actually name these officials?
Of course not, it's the bloody Wail. In typical Wail fashion, with no sources given and therefore no way to verify:

'Terrified dogs and cats crammed into rusty cages. Bats and scorpions offered for sale as traditional medicine. Rabbits and ducks slaughtered and skinned side by side on a stone floor covered with blood, filth, and animal remains.

'Those were the deeply troubling scenes yesterday as China celebrated its 'victory' over the coronavirus by reopening squalid meat markets of the type that started the pandemic three months ago, with no apparent attempt to raise hygiene standards to prevent a future outbreak.

'As the pandemic that began in Wuhan forced countries worldwide to go into lockdown, a Mail on Sunday correspondent yesterday watched as thousands of customers flocked to a sprawling indoor market in Guilin, south-west China. Here cages of different species were piled on top of each other. In another meat market in Dongguan, southern China, another correspondent photographed a medicine seller returning to business on Thursday with a billboard advertising bats – thought to be the cause of the initial Wuhan outbreak – along with scorpions and other creatures. The shocking scenes came as China finally lifted a weeks-long nationwide lockdown and encouraged people to go back to normal daily life to boost the flagging economy. Official statistics indicated there were virtually no new infections. The market in Guilin was packed with shoppers yesterday, with fresh dog and cat meat on offer, a traditional 'warming' winter dish.

'Everyone here believes the outbreak is over and there's nothing to worry about any more. It's just a foreign problem now as far as they are concerned,' said one of the China-based correspondents who captured these images for The Mail on Sunday. The correspondent who visited Dongguan said: 'The markets have gone back to operating in exactly the same way as they did before coronavirus. 'The only difference is that security guards try to stop anyone taking pictures which would never have happened before.'

Last edited:
Events dear boy, events.

BoJo can now tell Huawei to GFI , buy Ericsson and reap the brownie points.
He can do alot of things that the Daily Mail can make up.

endure

GCM
Events dear boy, events.

BoJo can now tell Huawei to GFI , buy Ericsson and reap the brownie points.

Would that be the Ericsson who run a joint 5G lab with Oppo in Shenzhen or the Ericsson who produces 5G equipment at its factory in Nanjing?

Would that be the Ericsson who run a joint 5G lab with Oppo in Shenzhen or the Ericsson who produces 5G equipment at its factory in Nanjing?

US Gov will underwrite Nokia and Ericsson to divest their Chinese operations in return for market exclusivity.

You should research Russian vs Ukranian wheat production.

I suspect the results will surprise you.
I’m not talking now, I’m talking historically and politically. Russia is a lot bigger than the Ukraine, but the latter was essential to the Austro Hungarians and Germany

Of course not, it's the bloody Wail. In typical Wail fashion, with no sources given and therefore no way to verify:

'Terrified dogs and cats crammed into rusty cages. Bats and scorpions offered for sale as traditional medicine. Rabbits and ducks slaughtered and skinned side by side on a stone floor covered with blood, filth, and animal remains.

'Those were the deeply troubling scenes yesterday as China celebrated its 'victory' over the coronavirus by reopening squalid meat markets of the type that started the pandemic three months ago, with no apparent attempt to raise hygiene standards to prevent a future outbreak.

'As the pandemic that began in Wuhan forced countries worldwide to go into lockdown, a Mail on Sunday correspondent yesterday watched as thousands of customers flocked to a sprawling indoor market in Guilin, south-west China. Here cages of different species were piled on top of each other. In another meat market in Dongguan, southern China, another correspondent photographed a medicine seller returning to business on Thursday with a billboard advertising bats – thought to be the cause of the initial Wuhan outbreak – along with scorpions and other creatures. The shocking scenes came as China finally lifted a weeks-long nationwide lockdown and encouraged people to go back to normal daily life to boost the flagging economy. Official statistics indicated there were virtually no new infections. The market in Guilin was packed with shoppers yesterday, with fresh dog and cat meat on offer, a traditional 'warming' winter dish.

'Everyone here believes the outbreak is over and there's nothing to worry about any more. It's just a foreign problem now as far as they are concerned,' said one of the China-based correspondents who captured these images for The Mail on Sunday. The correspondent who visited Dongguan said: 'The markets have gone back to operating in exactly the same way as they did before coronavirus. 'The only difference is that security guards try to stop anyone taking pictures which would never have happened before.'

Hmm the last paragraph may just be about to bite them in the bum.

Yokel

LE
Not sure what to make of this:

Does Beijing have much influence over WHO? I thought most UN bodies were deliberately kept separate from the Security Council and the Permanent Five members.

Is there much cultural difference between the PRC and Taiwan? Do people eat the same food and have the same social practices?

Hmm the last paragraph may just be about to bite them in the bum.
I think this is an area the Chinese will ultimately have to address, if reluctantly and with much foot dragging. I'm not sure that the CCP is fully aware of quite how much these practises are instrumental in earning the dislike of the rest of the World, doubly so now...

I think this is an area the Chinese will ultimately have to address, if reluctantly and with much foot dragging. I'm not sure that the CCP is fully aware of quite how much these practises are instrumental in earning the dislike of the rest of the World, doubly so now...
China is trying hard to paint itself the hero of the piece, but as the evidence comes together, the truth will out.

why is Italy getting hit so hard? One reason It seems is that Covid-19 was getting its feet comfortably ensconced in Italy long before, a good month before, the Chinese admitted they had a problem in Wuhan.
As the modelling of outbreaks gets more robust, it’s now crystal clear the Chinese threw away all the data at the foot of their curve rendering their claims of infections and deaths meaningless.

if China had informed the WHO in 2019 and locked down Wuhan immediately, we wouldn’t be where we are now.

China has demonstrated itself as unfit to be a member of the civilised world.

Deserter

On ROPS
On ROPs
China is trying hard to paint itself the hero of the piece, but as the evidence comes together, the truth will out.

why is Italy getting hit so hard? One reason It seems is that Covid-19 was getting its feet comfortably ensconced in Italy long before, a good month before, the Chinese admitted they had a problem in Wuhan.
As the modelling of outbreaks gets more robust, it’s now crystal clear the Chinese threw away all the data at the foot of their curve rendering their claims of infections and deaths meaningless.

if China had informed the WHO in 2019 and locked down Wuhan immediately, we wouldn’t be where we are now.

China has demonstrated itself as unfit to be a member of the civilised world.
Its a Western Intelligence failure of epic proportions.

Who is paying you to deflect the obvious?

It is a failure of China to be a civilised member of the world community on epic proportions.
China has had totalitarian rule for over 70 years, it murders it own citizens, it has invaded several countries, it has propped up and/or giving aid to other murderous regimes, it's throws it weight around in land/sea dispute, it's steal intellectual property, it manipulates its currency etc etc.
Did the world care about it being civilized or not?

China has had totalitarian rule for over 70 years, it murders it own citizens, it has invaded several countries, it has propped up and/or giving aid to other murderous regimes, it's throws it weight around in land/sea dispute, it's steal intellectual property, it manipulates its currency etc etc.
We did all that years ago - the copy cats !

...and your point is?

....especially since the virus could get back into the system. Can they survive two hits?

I think it’s more likely ineptitude on CCP’s part than actual malice. But there’s definitely an “ah I don’t give duck” attitude there too, they cannot be bothered to do a better job mostly because, in order to learn, they’d have to lose face and fess up.

Latest Threads