China upset about the USA ?

#1
So China is upset about the USA.

USA selling loads of weapons to Taiwan So China will impose sanctions against the companies making the weapons – who will that affect? Do they buy weapon systems from the US? I don't think so.

Second question is ref the Presidents proposed meeting with the Dali Lama .The Chinese have made veiled threats that if the meeting takes place they will do something? As they own the majority of the US debts!

So what can they do?

Ask the US to pay up what the owe, which the US cannot do. So what then?

China will own the US and chuck out the Americans or

The US just snubs China and says Bugger off.

If the latter then isn’t China the loser as what can they do? Start a War to get the cash back.

OK they could stop all trade with America but who will that hurt the most? Them or the USA?
 

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
#2
China could probably destroy the USA (economically) any time it feels the need. However it would be a suicide mission to do so...
 
#3
How so? USA can just say bugger off

What is China going to do start a war - no

Go to court - Whos?

USA would have a hard time but I think it could survive , the UK however would collaps in such an event.
 
#4
If China ceased trading with the USA, China would suffer economically but the USA would grind to a halt. Almost everything sold in the USA today is made in China including, believe it or not, a lot of the food. Imagine going to Walmart (where you can buy just about anything under one roof) and finding the shelves empty. Americas consumer lifestyle is almost entirely dependent on trade with China.
 
#5
China will be a major threat to peace in east Asia over the coming years.The PRC raises "defence" spending by at least 15% per annum and has done so for roughly the last 20 years.

Their naval power is extending into the Indian Ocean at this time.
 
#6
America would suffer , so big Joe and Marla can't buy a lot of cheap doggy dinner and other crap. but they can eat corn, soya and beef as well as all the other mass food markets the USA is a world supplier of.

Fred Chan on the other hand cannot eat a LCD tv or a pair of cheap cotton socks or a plastic dolly.

China would loose out big style.
 
#7
Who the fu ck is Fred Chan?
 
#9
old_bloke said:
America would suffer , so big Joe and Marla can't buy a lot of cheap doggy dinner and other crap. but they can eat corn, soya and beef as well as all the other mass food markets the USA is a world supplier of.

Fred Chan on the other hand cannot eat a LCD tv or a pair of cheap cotton socks or a plastic dolly.

China would loose out big style.
South America supplies a lot/most of the beef consumed by the US.
 
#10
Bertram said:
old_bloke said:
America would suffer , so big Joe and Marla can't buy a lot of cheap doggy dinner and other crap. but they can eat corn, soya and beef as well as all the other mass food markets the USA is a world supplier of.

Fred Chan on the other hand cannot eat a LCD tv or a pair of cheap cotton socks or a plastic dolly.

China would loose out big style.
South America supplies a lot/most of the beef consumed by the US.
So how would CHINA stop that trade then?
 
#11
eodmatt said:
Who the fu ck is Fred Chan?
Joey Chan's older brother, everyone knows that
 
#12
#13
I think China would have as much to lose as the US, maybe more. China may be getting big in their britches, but there are a lot of things they need to worry about. Competing with Russia for energy resources in that particular part of the world being one of them.

I see China trying to make an effort, but don't see it going to extremes.
 
#15
china have already threaten the little know american company boeing.
sell 43mil worth of missles and were go to airbus,
1 plane 737 is 50mil alone and chine being the biggest growing air market

get the picture
 
#16
old_bloke said:
So how would CHINA stop that trade then?
By paying more for it. The US is skint, they're not.
 
#17
smartascarrots said:
old_bloke said:
So how would CHINA stop that trade then?
By paying more for it. The US is skint, they're not.
Wouldn't help. After the initial shock over not being able to buy a $1 burger, you'd have naff-all impact as most US food is domestically produced, and the US is the world's largest food exporter. China would bankrupt itself, and gain nothing more than an angry and even more self-sufficient US for its trouble.
 
#18
parapauk said:
Nor one for 'own citizens killed since 1945' :twisted:
Is that a known unknown or an unknown unknown?
 
#19
spad said:
china have already threaten the little know american company boeing.
sell 43mil worth of missles and were go to airbus,
1 plane 737 is 50mil alone and chine being the biggest growing air market

get the picture
China is already working to build an airline domestically, that's no secret. They already avoid American companies whenever they can so really not much loss there. The US has always had an asynchronous trade relationship with China. Any cuts would hurt them way more than it would us.

So my kids don't get toys in their happy meals or the price of rubber dogsh1t goes up to $5 from $1. I'm ok with that.

Actually, now that I think about it. China doing that would *help* the US more than hurt it. I would actually be able to go to a store and see "Made in America" again...
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top