China Super Secret Sub Pen

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by In-Limbo, May 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sssshhhhhhhhhhh....

2. I bet the Chinese have built a massive submarine pen, enough for five time our SSBN fleet, with all the bells and whistles, purely as a deception, and at the moment it contains two midget subs, thirty combat kayaks and a few bats.

3. Ah, but the PLOT thickens nicely into the consitency of peanut butter stew you see....

Sneaky, Sneaky.....

4. Wooden Decoys? Interesting....

Attached Files:

5. This is the very reason the RN need more than 6 T45's and 2 CVF's if they are to maintain a credible threat against the PLA(N). The RN are attempting to plan for the next 15-30 years but all the politicians can see is saving money in the next 1-3 years.

The Chinese won't dare try anything against a country that has a nuclear deterrent and that is why we NEED a credible fleet. Without this, there is no way UK PLC can launch offensive operations worldwide if needs be.

6. Quite. The way things are going though I think our 'credible' fleet will be at the core (with the frogs) of an EU Navy. Quite simply building a fleet the size of what we had during the 1950's and before is just too expensive in modern terms. How soon this would happen really depends on how long the Americans are happy to form the centre of NATO.

Earlier on Frog news 24 a French minister was saying that the EU is now the worlds largest economy and must be able to stay there. An Italian minister last year stated the EU is the worlds largest empire born of peace. Is it only in this country we bury our heads in the sand and pretend the EU isn't becoming a super-state to rival China and the US?

7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Trouble is by the time the EU states made a decision, we would be visiting an English takeaway in London or Paris and failing to be understood.....

Frog navy link in case anyone is interested in their new little boats..
    http://www.asd-network.com/editorial_detail/12/What_size_for_the_French_Navy_?.htm

8. Hello,

the French are talking about cancelling their second carrier.

tangosix.

9. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Since when did 6 ships become a "host of aircraft carriers"?
    What hyperbole would the Torygraph have used to describe the Spanish armada? :roll:

10. an armada, maybe :p

Is that my coat? Thank you very much.

11. This is the very reason the RN need more than 6 T45's and 2 CVF's if they are to maintain a credible threat against the PLA(N). The RN are attempting to plan for the next 15-30 years but all the politicians can see is saving money in the next 1-3 years.

You said it mate!

12. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

The T-45s I'm luke warm about. However more (and bigger) carriers with proper, sexy multi role fast jets, proper AEW aircraft. And more than one A boat and another HMS Ocean get my vote.

13. Erm, why do we need to present a 'crdible threat' to the PLAN?