China preparing for armed conflict 'in every direction'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sunoficarus, Dec 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Let the Spams and Russians spend their hard earned on a pointless build up. Last time I looked it was Ministry of Defence.

2. And Japan, South Korea, Taiwan (unless they change sides -they are Chinese after all), Oz, Vietnam, India, etc. Between them they should just about be able to contain PRC ambitions without the assistance of the negligible military power of a bankrupt little island off an increasingly irrelevant continent half a planet away.

Seriously, anyone using China's build-up to justify UK military expenditure is living on Mars. It ain't owt to do with us, and even if it was, there's SFA we could do about it.

In fact I'm in favour of scrapping QE and POW immediately upon launch just to ensure that none of our third rate politicos get delusions of adequacy and try and get involved in any spat with China in future.

3. Couldn't agree more, how would it benefit China to trapse half way across the world to take us over?

4. And vice-versa: How would it benefit us to trapse half way across the earth to take on China?

5. Well wouldn't be the first time, keep smack heads in gear mind!:)

6. Why oh Why should we have negative thoughts about China.
    Time to start cosing up to the soon to be Worlds Number One Super Trader.

john

Like to think that one day Bruin could be prosecuted for QE II & POW along with so many of his others Bollacks.

7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

To be honest, I think if the Chinese every advanced territorially it would be no further than the extent of extant epicanthic folds. As to geopolitical expansion, keep your eye on Central Asia; once a crossroads; again to be.

8. Ah, so we have no trade to worry about with say, China, Japan and Korea? I'm sure the EU will make up the slack if a war erupted in the far east and the goods our economy is dependent on dried up from the far away places with strange sounding people. Next you'll be telling us that a war kicking off in the Persian Gulf won't be any concern of us either.

How horrible, fantastic, incredible it is that we should be digging trenches and trying on gas-masks here because of a quarrel in a far away country between people of whom we know nothing. It seems still more impossible that a quarrel which has already been settled in principle should be the subject of war.

Neville Chamberlin, 27 September 1938.

9. Exactly? So why harm that trade by getting involved in a war? If we had any sense, we would stay out of it and trade with both sides.

What would we send anyway?

10. And look what just got rolled out
    [​IMG]

China's new J-20 stealth fighter.

11. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That kinda resembles something I may have seen on the other side that big pond they call the Atlantic Ocean.

Stealth thingy magiggy mmm rings a bell

12. Well it's about bloody time . . . the Chinese have been throwing lolly at their Russian inspired design bureaus for quite some time. My guess is that the engines are still Russian though.

13. She seems to have some major differences to the Raptor BP, all moving tailplane....plus she seems to be quite a bit larger.
    The thinking is that the Yanks decided the F-22 style jet was better then the YF-23 [​IMG]

While the Chinese have gone the opposite route, less agile probably less stealthy but maybe faster and more range for the Pacific.....The J-20 looks like she was built to roam a big area.

14. It's seems to be the general idea they are.....The one area the Chinese suck balls at, in a big way is the engines.