China - PRC 70 Parade - Some Kit to Spot?

Found it:

That's a PLA-affiliated Defence University and not the equivalent of e.g. Sandhurst or West Point. The majority of the students won't go into any active service role after graduation and of those that do most are destined for technical arms or research centres.

The level of military skill required isn't high and the training reflects this.

From what I've read they adhere to the old Soviet battle plan doctrine in that the plan must be followed to the letter and no deviation from the plan is allowed.
The AARs from UN forces in Korea said the CPVA showed a great deal of flexibility and imagination, with tactical decisions being taken at quite low levels.

They've also been training for 20 years for "local wars under informatized conditions" - their command structure has improved a whole lot in that time.

There was some interesting kit on display. Lots of drones and tanks........do they work though?

I think his Limo looks like a big Morris Oxford from the 1960's.
Know what you mean , though I was going more for Austin Healey for some reason.

No matter - both a Chinese ripoff of (shouts) " Other Peoples Work !"

Interesting collection of foreign troops with the parade:

0:01 Afghanistan rebuilt
0:14 Belarus
0:46 Cambodia
1:04 Cuba
1:35 Egypt
2:03 Fiji - WTF ???
2:26 Kazakhstan
2:50 Kyrgyzstan
3:23 Laos
3:39 Mexican border
4:05 Mongolia
4:28 Pakistan kashmir
4:54 Serbia (camera is late)
5:22 Tajikistan
5:45 Vanuatu (camera is late)
6:07 Venezuelan coup
6:30 Russian collusion

No then, If that was a game of Risk...

The Commies do like their goosestep dont they.
Though I don't get why the non exWP lot who were marching were being led by Orrifaces who felt the need to goosestep?
And Fiji was spectacular, looked like they'd pitched up at the airport on a stag do and when their passports had been clocked it became 'Gentlemen prees come with me'.

3:22 in Looks like the B2 has been ripped off design wise

That's a UAV or possibly a UCAV. Doubtless the design is a rip-off. As is traditional in China...
Correct, or should that be collect?

While China wowed and in some cases scared the world with recent displays of weaponry — including an intercontinental nuclear warhead and a bomber that can refuel in the air — the GJ-11 Sharp Sword drone is particularly worrying as Australia and even the US don’t yet have the capabilities to defend against it.

A Chinese military truck carrying the Sharp Sword stealth drone rolls during a parade to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the founding of Communist China in Beijing.

A Chinese military truck carrying the Sharp Sword stealth drone rolls during a parade to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the founding of Communist China in Beijing.Source:AP

A thought - provoking tweet here. Six new Chinese destroyers fitting out, two under construction. Similar activity at at least one other dockyard.

Latest Threads