China - PRC 70 Parade - Some Kit to Spot?

The standard China Military pictures.
1569941643297.png

And standing rigid & looking smart for the Supreme Leader.

1569941742658.png

It is said that woman are treated worse in the military with abuse & beatings a regular thing?

There was some interesting kit on display. Lots of drones and tanks........do they work though?

I think his Limo looks like a big Morris Oxford from the 1960's.

There was some interesting kit on display. Lots of drones and tanks........do they work though?

I think his Limo looks like a big Morris Oxford from the 1960's.
Oh they all look nice and pretty, but can they stand and fire three rounds a minute?

PRC 70 parade today - lot of kit and some smart female personnel (a must for arrse)

Poor buggers will have been practising that parade for months and the Polit-bureau are all stood there looking bored to tears. Ungrateful lot.

Noticable how the squaddies were all the same height/size. Still from a population of nigh on 1.4 billion, not hard to get some all the same I suppose.

@Effendi - I think you'll find the motor was a Lolls Loyce.

Poor buggers will have been practising that parade for months and the Polit-bureau are all stood there looking bored to tears. Ungrateful lot.

Noticable how the squaddies were all the same height/size. Still from a population of nigh on 1.4 billion, not hard to get some all the same I suppose.

@Effendi - I think you'll find the motor was a Lolls Loyce.
I watched a video a while back of the preparation for the parade. They train for it for the entire year in all weathers before the big day itself. One of the things they do during training is to sticks pins in the collars front and back as an incentive for the troops to keep their heads at a set bearing until it becomes second nature.

I watched a video a while back of the preparation for the parade. They train for it for the entire year in all weathers before the big day itself. One of the things they do during training is to sticks pins in the collars front and back as an incentive for the troops to keep their heads at a set bearing until it becomes second nature.
So "Parade troops" like the Soviets used to have (and may still do). Look pretty but no use operationally.

There was a short programme on the BBC, must have been about 4 years ago, following some British officers in China on a short exchange.

What came across to me is:

1. How restricted even officers are from making decisions.
2. How they need to do what is written in their manual, because it is what is written in their manual.
3. A lack of really, really, basic soldiering skills that in China would make even the RLC look like THEM.

There was a short programme on the BBC, must have been about 4 years ago, following some British officers in China on a short exchange.

2. How they need to do what is written in their manual, because it is what is written in their manual.
3. A lack of really, really, basic soldiering skills that in China would make even the RLC look like THEM.
Found it:

From what I've read they adhere to the old Soviet battle plan doctrine in that the plan must be followed to the letter and no deviation from the plan is allowed.

From what I've read they adhere to the old Soviet battle plan doctrine in that the plan must be followed to the letter and no deviation from the plan is allowed.
And why not ? They have more people than the west has rounds

3:22 in Looks like the B2 has been ripped off design wise

That's a UAV or possibly a UCAV. Doubtless the design is a rip-off. As is traditional in China...

If you are not following the plan then you must be thinking independently............and that is not allowed.

Latest Threads