China lasing US satellites

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Nibbler, Sep 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I doubt the Chinese have the capability to "blind" satellites. Its not at all like lasing an airliner.
  2. From the article:

Please enlighten us T6 as to why the "American military" is alarmed over nothing!

Is this just another of your uneducated one-liners or do you actually have something sensible to offer to the debate?
  3. Well if the International Space Station orbits the Earth at around 17,000 mph, You would want to be a good shot to catch a satellite!!
  4. Well it seems the Chinese are. Don't forget the US itself ran experiments along these lines almost 10 years ago!
  5. Doesn't surprise me. The Soviets used to do this kind of think back during the Cold War, looks as though the Chinese are just continuing the tradition.
  6. Bet ya uber walt Tom Clancys creaming himself
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

[align=center] :twisted: [/align]
  8. If I were you I would be very careful about doubting John Chinamans ability or their deep pockets when they have to buy in expertise. There are untold thousands of Russian scientists here, being paid American style wages (far in excess of what they would get at home) with labs equiped with anything they want short of Deep Blue. They are also renting loads of German boffins, yet again paying them more that at home (tax free). And of course despite the so called EU arms embargo there are far too many white coats from certain French Companies knocking around, all a little too qualified to be just building Renaults.
  9. .

Certain French company's, don't you mean EADS. Their connection with both the Russians and the Chinese defense establishments is too cosy to realistically believe they will stop technological flows. The Russians also bought 5% of EADS and are seeking a seat on the board.
    Now EADS is partnering with Northrop Grumman , not a good Idea.

edit due to spelling
  10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

One could almost say its starting to get real cosy in the Old World :twisted: I think I must have said this before, but there was that banal comment from Dubya 'Old Europe: New Europe', no George it's just Europe is old, and China...well that's old too. Heil the Old World :twisted:

(edit: Hmm, stupid me it was Rumsfeld, ahh well I guess all Neo-Con peas in a pod, unfortunately not a space pod heading for alpha centuri...)
  11. Alas Defense Companies are commercial concerns, not Patriotic ones - after all BAE does not have a monopoly on selling dodgy overpriced kit to taxpayers. Tis rumoured in some circle sthat American Companies have 'exported via proxy' to China through Israel, certainly whatever the PLA wants (including Arrow 2) Israel will sell.
  12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well I have it on fairly good authority that the Chinese think Britain rather quaint. I feel quite assured that they do not mean to change the traditions or conventions of our country, so I won't be buying the any 'yellow peril' nonsense or the Chinese red threat, I actually find many Chinese women rather delicious, so if I find any reds under my bed they'll be invited to hop in :twisted: . I actually think in actuality its (China) gradually becoming purple, even tho the flag hasn't quite caught up yet ;)
  13. I am happy for you the Chinese think Britain is rather quaint and you think Chinese women are rather delicious. I have no doubt given that feeling, when China "comes of age" the Chinese will make Britain a stop over ,on their European Itineraries and you may get your opportunities.

Unfortunately , I am not sure how China will make itself felt to the rest of the world ,including the US .Until I am convinced China's intentions are as benign towards the US and its allies, as our intentions are towards them, I suggest, it is a good Idea not to sell them weapons and military technologies, that can blow our arrse up.

You may consider this 'yellow peril nonsense' I just consider this common sense. I also hope ,China will become a positive partner in the growth of the international system. We will just have to wait and see, how the rise of China, will play itself out.
  14. If they get to Britain I can assur eyou they will do it via California

They have a strong idea of their destiny and its certainly on a par with the US & the EU, as long as they don't get provoked they will just be fine and will exhert themselves in helping keep a 'certain religion' in line.

Its uninformed fear old son, come over and have a look around - don't bother with all of that old Taiwanese 'ChiCom' bullshit, Mainland China is fast becoming a 'pure model' capitalist and consumerist society, who's role model is the US.