China drowns bad civil servant

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bullet_catcher, Sep 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chinese investigators have accidentally drowned an official they were questioning.
    link BBC News - Chinese official Yu Qiyi 'drowned by investigators'

Sounds good to me, and restores my faith in human nature. Unfortunately there is no chance of giving these powers to the House of Commons Standards Committee. Civil Servants, however, make good scapegoats, so perhaps this could be the way ahead for annual performance reviews.
  2. Bloody amateurs. They should take lessons from our transatlantic comrades in arms.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. He was detained under the CPC's internal disciplinary regulations known as shuanggui. It's notoriously brutal and the death rate in custody is quite high in comparison to the normal judicial system. How effective it is at controlling corruption is debatable but it's certainly popular albeit not with the officials being investigated.

Oddly, despite this there's still intense competition for membership of the Party and for official posts.
  4. And Jim30 will be along to defend his fellow Civil Servant in 3, 2,...

Didn't the Chinese used to cut the balls of their CS, keep them in little jars on pullies so the testes could be raised and lowered according to the 'former owners' fortunes?
  5. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Nowadays they just use poor management and overwhelming processes to emasculate civil servants
  6. Those were the eunuchs. Officials were a different kettle of fish and wholly intact.

Who would have thought a national leader would surround himself with those who lack balls...
    • Like Like x 2
  7. if only it would catch on here. No-one expects the Civil Service Inquisition!
  8. Thats a pretty harsh implementation of Restore Efficiency!
  9. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

That's cut his reoffending rate. It's 100% certain he won't engage in (allegedly) corrupt practices in the future...

10. "And Jim30 will be along to defend his fellow Civil Servant in 3, 2,..."

Not in the slightest. I do though think it is remarkably poor taste of the OP to support executing public servants in the UK as a means of encouraging the others.

I'm sure no one would object if I pushed for a similar case for soldiers who get sub par OJARS?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Athelete, non-atheletic season downgraded, dont do work, have an A SJAR. Work Bollox off all year, here have a B
  12. Well I like the concept and will start pushing for it to be implemented over here. Also MPs are public servants are they not?

Does it also mean that I can fill the bath if the Traffic Warden looks at my car?
  13. Fair enough. We'll ship them abroad and do it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The way it's going with OFCOM, I'm thinking I'm glad I live in UK because I bet they would like to do that to me!
  15. Let’s extend it to Local councillors. Think of the benefits!
    In Bedfordshire alone you could walk across the Great Ouse without getting your feet wet.
    • Like Like x 2