China - Debt Trap Diplomacy

It would be however more survivable
Not if it can't maneuver on the terrain or be replenned as often as it needs.

The M60 carries more rounds and has far better MPG than the Abrams, which would make it far more survivable in the conditions they'd be likely to face.

I am highly suspect of the Chinese numbers for economic growth. I also think many countries are rather leery about their economic intentions.
Yes, despite claims to the otherwise, Marxism (as Chinese Communism) is meant to be is really good at enslaving, screwing over, and exploiting people in every possible way.

The million or so Yighur Muslims in Xi's reeducation camps are not the only minority to be persecuted, which makes you wonder about their attitudes to people from other parts of Asia and Africa.

Not if it can't maneuver on the terrain or be replenned as often as it needs.

The M60 carries more rounds and has far better MPG than the Abrams, which would make it far more survivable in the conditions they'd be likely to face.
I think the Higher ups in their food chain have had quite the vigorous debate about the Pro's and Con's of the Abrams. But they have been trying to get them for 18 years. I figure this will be the first order with more to follow. Also included will be lots of TOW and Javelin and Stinger. They are defo getting the preparations to crush a Chinese Beach head should that scenario occur.

Yes, despite claims to the otherwise, Marxism (as Chinese Communism) is meant to be is really good at enslaving, screwing over, and exploiting people in every possible way.

The million or so Yighur Muslims in Xi's reeducation camps are not the only minority to be persecuted, which makes you wonder about their attitudes to people from other parts of Asia and Africa.
At your feet or at your throat...

The Abrams isn't particularly well suited to Taiwanese terrain or the logistics environment they'd likely be fighting in. Upgrading the gunnery control systems on the M60s would be a far better choice, IMO.

Still, when you've got them over a barrel they'll buy what you want to sell.
The Taiwanese arms purchases are less about buying what they need and more about cementing ties with politically influential elements in the US.

The U.S. debt to China is $1.12 trillion as of March 2019. That's 28% of the $4.07 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries. The rest of the $22 trillion national debt is ownedby either the American people or by the U.S. government itself.
China has the greatest amount of U.S. debt held by a foreign country. Japan comes second at $1.08 trillion, followed by the United Kingdom at $317 billion. Brazil hold $311 billion and Ireland holds $278 billion.
How Much Does the US Owe China?

Traders pig out on soaring pork stocks as deadly pig disease rocks China

Ohh a one two punch...

Well odds are we will be paying more for Chinese produced toys this Christmas...but a spiteful **** like myself has six months to prepare for that. I can find alternates or just buy one gift fewer for the kids.

But the Chinese are going to be struggling to feed their population. A worse position to be in.
Why not build your own? America did not become great by buying things, it became great by building things - roads, canals, dams, power stations, ships, aircraft, vehicles, computers........

I think the Higher ups in their food chain have had quite the vigorous debate about the Pro's and Con's of the Abrams. But they have been trying to get them for 18 years. I figure this will be the first order with more to follow. Also included will be lots of TOW and Javelin and Stinger. They are defo getting the preparations to crush a Chinese Beach head should that scenario occur.
What about the Taiwanese submarine programme? Any news of that?

Why not build your own? America did not become great by buying things, it became great by building things - roads, canals, dams, power stations, ships, aircraft, vehicles, computers........

What about the Taiwanese submarine programme? Any news of that?
Taiwan Unveils Model of Indigenously-Designed Diesel-Electric Attack Submarine

The Chinese produce stuff cheaply because they don’t have to pay Western style wages, or worry about environmental regulations. But hopefully more companies move out of China and set up shop elsewhere.

Taiwan Unveils Model of Indigenously-Designed Diesel-Electric Attack Submarine

The Chinese produce stuff cheaply because they don’t have to pay Western style wages, or worry about environmental regulations. But hopefully more companies move out of China and set up shop elsewhere.
Chinese labour costs are rising as their economy grows and wage demands go up. Transportation costs are continuing to rise. Chinese companies struggle with Western Quality standards, and struggle to supply parts or goods for the customer who wants them ASAP.

Perhaps this partly explains their drive to turn Africa into a cash cow?

Chinese labour costs are rising as their economy grows and wage demands go up. Transportation costs are continuing to rise. Chinese companies struggle with Western Quality standards, and struggle to supply parts or goods for the customer who wants them ASAP.

Perhaps this partly explains their drive to turn Africa into a cash cow?
I think so. Besides every great power needs to have a global presence. The Chinese just prefer to get the poorest of the poor hooked on easy money with no way out. Rather like the shitty pay day lenders and their practices.

The Chinese just prefer to get the poorest of the poor hooked on easy money with no way out.
The US is their biggest debtor. Just saying, like.

U.S and China will be stuck in this love-hate relationship for a long time to come - there's no two ways around it. Both are kind of dependent on each other, because of the economic market sizes. Still wary of each other but it will be bad for biz if it all goes tits up.

Everyone else is watching a tennis game between the big two, swivelling their heads.

U.S and China will be stuck in this love-hate relationship for a long time to come - there's no two ways around it. Both are kind of dependent on each other, because of the economic market sizes. Still wary of each other but it will be bad for biz if it all goes tits up.

Everyone else is watching a tennis game between the big two, swivelling their heads.
More Hate-Hate then anything else.

US Debt has value. They can't really cash those chips in and are stuck with it!!
At least until the US stops being, "hooked on easy money."

Or the far side of never, whichever is soonest.

At least until the US stops being, "hooked on easy money."

Or the far side of never, whichever is soonest.
I would just tell you brace for a long protracted struggle. It won't end quickly and that is the one biggest flaw with Trump that I do have. He seems to think this will be over by Christmas...