China | Cracks in Three Gorges Dam | 300,000 at risk

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by REMFQuestions, Jun 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

More HERE

I wonder if it will be like on those Hollywood movies... 8O
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Lets fire up the Lancaster for a fly past

300,000 is a drop in the Ocean for them they will breed that many in a year or two anyway

Our Foreign aid should help them after all China is skint

Isn't it?
  3. Aha, this is where an investigation will find evidence of bribery in the construction industry in China and senior members of the Boards of certain Chinese construction companies will face the firing squad next year.
  4. Yes, Jean-Claude Van Damme is going to sort it out.
  5. I'm not sure its even a squad, I think you just get a 9mm pushed in your ear
  6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I think there outrage bus is a bit different from ours
    You get picked up shot and anything useful gets whipped out before you even have a chance to query the bill for 36p
  7. Dunno about cracks,they look to narrow more like chinks.
  8. If those dams are the same quality as the constructions the Chinese are doing in Africa, I wouldn't want to live anywhere near....
  9. In my very limited experience with the Chinese it seems to me that they come up with a novel solution and then work really fast, so I won't be surprised if they build a new dam behind the present one, demolish the damaged bits, carve any secure stumps into heroic statues, and use the rubble to build their high speed railways.
  10. On a major project like this, it'll be more than just the companies that get the high-velocity end of justice. Jiang Zemin and his cronies were up to their necks in the project and the awarding of contract. If it does go pear-shaped it might be a way to get rid of the old bastard once and for all.

It was a Chinese dream for decades to dam the Yangtze, dating back at least to Sun Yat-Sen. Unfortunately, bigger doesn't always mean better and a bigger dam than the Nationalists or Japanese envisaged might not have been the best option.

As an aside, the Times does seem to have a bee in its bonnet about this project. They've been predicting doom for three years to my knowledge. Murdoch getting a shoeing in the broadcast stakes presumably has nothing to do with it.
  11. slowly slowly catchy monkey .. :)
  12. Pretty sure cracks were being reported while the dam was still under construction... either way, when this thing gives it's going to be one heck of a wet and violent mess.
  13. :D :D :D :D :D