China bad mmkay. We don't want Google to work on this mmmkay. Thanks, GOOG employees

Anyone who doesn't give a shit and want a job at Google?

Wonder how their bosses and HR will react at their next perf reviews? That said, this is the valley, you can get away with stuff like this. I so applaud their moral objections, however vague and dubious they might be.

They're getting paid to do a job, not for their political views

If they don't like, don't work for Google

Just wish civil servants would do lookwise

But that would mean having to give up those $$$$ pay packets and sweet perks....not a lot of companies that offer that sort of pay/ benefits. Moving laterally would mean working for one of the other FAANG (FB, Amzn, Apple, Netflix, Goog) companies....and Amzn and FB are worse in terms of privacy and spying. Apple, Netflix are probably the least of the evils..if you manage to squint your eyes really hard.

What do you mean about the civil service? SofS for Defence was walking the floor plates in MOD encouraging the staff to be more radical but also saying ‘leave the politics to me; I’m the only one likely to be sacked if bad decisions are made’. He has a point.

Last edited:
Clearly Google Translate isn't up to handling what you've said, it translated it as:

"Save the grass mud horse!

Destroy the river crab!"

Unless, of course, you're on something stronger than beer?
That would be something Google got right.
Cǎonímǎ is "grass mud horse," and héxiè is "river crab."
You weren't there man, you just can't understand.

And don't get the tones wrong and say càonǐmā, that would just be rude.

Clearly Google Translate isn't up to handling what you've said, it translated it as:

Destroy the river crab!"

Please don't. He'll end up boring regaling us about his extensive whiskey collection for the 75th time.

Please don't. He'll end up boring regaling us about his extensive whiskey collection for the 75th time.
I was with RTB and 3/75th. For a long time I thought I'd never get to leave Ft. Benning for more than the occasional beach party.

You are more than welcome to come up and have a drink or three, just don't think you're gonna be staying on.

Evil Google can still be your friend.

They do kind of have a point......or should they (for the sake of argument) keep shipping Zyknon B to the end user and shut-up because because that's what they're paid to do and it's no concern of the company/nation/employees what the end user chooses to do with it?

Remember the concept of 'illegal orders?' - "just obeying orders" didn't work in Nuremberg

Destroy the river crab!"

Internet memes from a decade ago. A grass mud horse is an internet rebel, river crabs are government security organs.

The terms are based on Mandarin homophones.

@Maple I hear you, but tBf, the jerry blokes didn't have much in the way of alternative work styles in ww2, whereas Google employees can resign, which would probably have more effect.

@Maple I hear you, but tBf, the jerry blokes didn't have much in the way of alternative work styles in ww2, whereas Google employees can resign, which would probably have more effect.
But Google claims to be 'different' - an ethical company that listens to the concerns of it's employees - so the good old British army 'Shut-up and face the front' shouldn't really apply

But Google claims to be 'different' - an ethical company that listens to the concerns of it's employees - so the good old British army 'Shut-up and face the front' shouldn't really apply
True, and I must confess I don't like the idea of working against my personal principles. That said, if it bothered me that much I'd walk. It's difficult to do that I'll admit when you need the certainty of regular income and keeping roofs over heads and all that.