China - and the dangerous drift to war in Asia

Two interesting reports in the news today.

Intelligence reports noted the possibility of an ‘unusual event’ in the Wuhan Lab in October. There had been previous concerns raised about the laxity of safety within the lab, and so when there was a sudden cessation of telephone traffic within the lab for a space of time, which corresponded with the erection of road barriers in the area, it brings up suspicion about a possible safety breach. The report was obtained by the London-based NBC News Verification Uni and indicates that there was no cellphone activity in a high-security portion of the Wuhan Institute of Virology from Oct. 7 through Oct. 24, 2019, and that there may have been a "hazardous event" sometime between Oct. 6 and Oct. 11.

However another report has indicated that there is growing suspicion that COVID 19 may have been present much earlier in France than previously thought, possibly brought back by French athletes who had been in Wuhan in October.

Elodie Clouvel, a world champion modern pentathlete told Loire 7: ‘No I think that with Velentin (Belaud, her partner, also a pentathlete) we have already had the coronavirus, well the COVID-19.’.

The French delegation were competing in the 7th World Military Games in Wuhan 20 days before the first Chinese person ‘officially' became ill with coronavirus along with 402 athletes present and 10,000 other athletes from all over the world. French news channel BFMTV reported a number of athletes had returned to France with unusual symptoms, including fevers and body aches.

The suspicions that the CCP suppressed information through a request to Tedros in the WHO are already bad, but that this may have started even earlier than previously thought, in October would be worse still...and a very good reason why China is behaving aggressively towards any suggestion that an inquiry be held.

Two interesting reports in the news today.

Intelligence reports noted the possibility of an ‘unusual event’ in the Wuhan Lab in October. There had been previous concerns raised about the laxity of safety within the lab, and so when there was a sudden cessation of telephone traffic within the lab for a space of time, which corresponded with the erection of road barriers in the area, it brings up suspicion about a possible safety breach. The report was obtained by the London-based NBC News Verification Uni and indicates that there was no cellphone activity in a high-security portion of the Wuhan Institute of Virology from Oct. 7 through Oct. 24, 2019, and that there may have been a "hazardous event" sometime between Oct. 6 and Oct. 11.

However another report has indicated that there is growing suspicion that COVID 19 may have been present much earlier in France than previously thought, possibly brought back by French athletes who had been in Wuhan in October.

Elodie Clouvel, a world champion modern pentathlete told Loire 7: ‘No I think that with Velentin (Belaud, her partner, also a pentathlete) we have already had the coronavirus, well the COVID-19.’.

The French delegation were competing in the 7th World Military Games in Wuhan 20 days before the first Chinese person ‘officially' became ill with coronavirus along with 402 athletes present and 10,000 other athletes from all over the world. French news channel BFMTV reported a number of athletes had returned to France with unusual symptoms, including fevers and body aches.

The suspicions that the CCP suppressed information through a request to Tedros in the WHO are already bad, but that this may have started even earlier than previously thought, in October would be worse still...and a very good reason why China is behaving aggressively towards any suggestion that an inquiry be held.
The news story you cite says the document is based on things which are known not to be true, and that US officials say it "looks really weak to me and some of the conclusions don't make sense."
The document obtained by NBC News also says that an annual international conference planned for early November in the same lower-security portion of the WIV that Vlak visited appears to have been "cancelled and never took place." The conference actually went forward as planned. (...)

For that and other reasons, some officials are skeptical of the analysis, which is based on commercially available cellphone location data. One U.S. official who has seen the document said the data "looks really weak to me and some of the conclusions don't make sense."

The news story you cite says the document is based on things which are known not to be true, and that US officials say it "looks really weak to me and some of the conclusions don't make sense."
That is correct, however, ‘if' one of the labs in the Wuhan Institute of Virology ,which handles extremely dangerous pathogens, and had previous citations on dangerous lack of safety, did shut down between 7th Oct 2019 and the 24th of Oct 2019, it could indicate knowledge of where CV-19 originated.

It could provide a possible spread starting point around 7 Oct 2019 or around 2 weeks before, depending on its pre-symptom infectious period, that would coincide with the Wuhan Military Games which is when it is now suspected some athletes may have contracted the virus and become possible spreaders.

This might indicate that CCP knew what they were dealing with from the beginning and chose to withhold, suppress and apparently destroy all information about this new disease.

If they then chose to allow potentially infected individuals to then travel Internationally, but not within China, that could be serious breach of International protocols, accepted practices and a basis for reparation on a global scale.

The world is already aware of the suppression of information within China by the CCP. That is a given and its is still doing so.

Many steps were taken by the CCP over the spread of information much earlier, along with the fact that they quarantined travel from Wuhan to within China but not internationally. And why now is it taking drastic steps to prevent any sort of enquiry?

Troubling points which bear scrutiny.

Last edited:
That is correct, however, ‘if' one of the labs in the Wuhan Institute of Virology ,which handles extremely dangerous pathogens, and had previous citations on dangerous lack of safety, did shut down between 7th Oct 2019 and the 24th of Oct 2019, it could indicate knowledge of where CV-19 originated.

It could provide a possible spread starting point around 7 Oct 2019 or around 2 weeks before, depending on its pre-symptom infectious period, that would coincide with the Wuhan Military Games which is when it is now suspected some athletes may have contracted the virus and become possible spreaders.

This might indicate that CCP knew what they were dealing with from the beginning and chose to withhold, suppress and apparently destroy all information about this new disease.

If they then chose to allow potentially infected individuals to then travel Internationally, but not within China, that could be serious breach of International protocols, accepted practices and a basis for reparation on a global scale.

The world is already aware of the suppression of information within China by the CCP. That is a given and its is still doing so.

Many steps were taken by the CCP over the spread of information much earlier, along with the fact that they quarantined travel from Wuhan to within China but not internationally. And why now is it taking drastic steps to prevent any sort of enquiry?

Troubling points which bear scrutiny.
I suppose you could pile up any mountain of speculation you want if you base it on a report that US officials admit "looks really weak to me and some of the conclusions don't make sense."

I suppose you could pile up any mountain of speculation you want if you base it on a report that US officials admit "looks really weak to me and some of the conclusions don't make sense."
That speculation is piling up around the globe is a fact that isn’t going away.

An internationally supervised enquiry would do much to dispel the more obvious fake ones, strange then that China should be taking such exception?

And China’s ‘Wolf Warrior’ diplomacy encouraged by Xi is creating further suspicion with its aggressive condemnation of any form of such an event, as well as garnering little sympathy.

Last edited:

mcphee1948

War Hero
China seems to be causing a lot of trouble . Especially to us in the United States and Western Europe.

Couldn't we bring an end to this trouble, by attacking and obliterating China with our Western nuclear weapons. That would stop the Chinese causing any more inconvenience.

I mean, aren't we all getting really fed up with this Eastern interference?

That speculation is piling up around the globe is a fact that isn’t going away.
It'll go away as soon as that particular bargaining chip isn't needed anymore.

An internationally supervised enquiry would do much to dispel the more obvious fake ones, strange then that China should be taking such exception?
Since the result has already been prejudged, why shouldn't they take exception? They've been stitched up before.

If there was an enquiry and it came to the conclusion that the virus originated outside the PRC, would you accept the results or claim foul play?

China seems to be causing a lot of trouble . Especially to us in the United States and Western Europe.

Couldn't we bring an end to this trouble, by attacking and obliterating China with our Western nuclear weapons. That would stop the Chinese causing any more inconvenience.

I mean, aren't we all getting really fed up with this Eastern interference?
You're an odd cove: allegedly, you are a retired Civil Servant, though I'm a touch unsure which national bureaucracy you served.

Your post here seems to have leapt, fully formed, from a 60-year old Pathe newsreel:

Isn't it good that the Army has been called into help, it shows they are always ready for something.
And then you give us your learned opinion as to the antecedents of Ecomcon:

He's not a Russian troll . He's too good at English.
That last sentence is torturous.

And this one is 'off', too:

All the failed posters have been recalled to Moscow. New posters, fully briefed and trained, are being prepared to take up duties. They will be be very much improved.

You will not perceive difference,
For a retired Civil Servant, you seem to be a touch uncivil:

What would Wyoming be, if it hadn't been taken from the savages? Then settled and civilised?
Thank goodness the wild Scots are now cowed and docile. They won't invade England again. But it was a long struggle to keep them north.
As I said-you're a bit of a rum cove . . .

mcphee1948

War Hero
You're an odd cove: allegedly, you are a retired Civil Servant, though I'm a touch unsure which national bureaucracy you served.

Your post here seems to have leapt, fully formed, from a 60-year old Pathe newsreel:

Some posters might get the idea, that I'm here to check up on your opinions, and record them for future reference.

I suspect its tipple of choice is potato rather than sugar cane-based.

mcphee1948

War Hero
I suspect its tipple of choice is potato rather than sugar cane-based.
In the SS "Surveillance Service," we stay always sober. We watch for any indications of incorrect thinking. Be aware.

Troll.

Diversion. (Infantile.)

But hard when some indisputable and unpalatable facts are present as bedrock to claims against China’s actions in this global pandemic that has claimed.

And the global economic damage suffered, which is quite beyond calculation.

Last edited:

Wow. They got sold out too.
We need to take that meat off the Aussies hands, sod the Chinese.

While governments and populations still struggle with the deadly effects of the pandemic and the economic devastation caused, there has been a growing groundswell of anger at the established failings of the CCP and how it magnified the effect that the pandemic has had globally.

There has been a lot of speculation, but, there have also emerged concrete facts about the CCP’s role, and a growing determination that they be held accountable in some way for the damage caused by their actions.

China has emerged in a stronger economic position, and has reacted extremely aggressively toward any suggestion that it be held in any way responsible, or be held financially accountable. It has used its considerable influence gained though its overseas purchase of major assets round the globe and financial hold on individuals and world institutions to try and shut down and fend off any attempts now being considered of independent enquiries into the origin, spread, or suppression of information about what it knew. But it cannot stop what has already begun.

This discussion is quite long, but it is a serious examination of what might be the steps that can be taken, and are already being considered.

Wake me when anyone actually does something. Until then, opinions are like arses - everyone has one but you only pay to access the most worthwhile ones.

Latest Threads