China - and the dangerous drift to war in Asia

You can believe what you like, there doesn't seem to be any way of stopping you.

Even when you've made it up yourself.
wilk you now denounce me as a running dog reactionary to the Party official?

wilk you now denounce me as a running dog reactionary to the Party official?
No, I've quite a different opinion of you.

While you trot out excuses for the PRC.

Funny that you never seem to have anything to say about Taiwan.
You mean other than the numerous very positive things that he said about Taiwan during his time living there? Anybody who has conversed on ARRSE with smartascarrots regularly knows about his spending time in Taiwan and what he has said about it, so why do you insist on posting such obvious counter-factual drivel?

We know why Photex posts horseshit, it's because it's his inherent nature and he can't help himself. He does the same on every topic. We know why Jonesy posts horseshit, it's because he lives in west bumfuck USA and doesn't know any better (but he's probably not a bad fellow at heart). What's your excuse though?

Last edited:
The horseshit he writes about China.
Horseshit (n.): factually accurate information I don't personally like, delivered by those who know the subject far, far better than me.

mcphee1948

War Hero
When I look at what's going on, I wonder, as a nervous civilian, whether it might end up with a nuclear war between the USA and China.

Do you think that's on the cards?

When I look at what's going on, I wonder, as a nervous civilian, whether it might end up with a nuclear war between the USA and China.

Do you think that's on the cards?
They'll huff, and they'll puff, and then they'll do nothing except perhaps play more trade war games.

mcphee1948

War Hero
Don't be so silly.
But is it silly? I mean the USA has a President whose re-election hopes were founded on having presided over a booming US economy, and now the US economy is going down the pan because of this virus.
You notice how the president tried to rename the virus as the "China Virus".

That shows he's really fuming at China. And his behaviour is to put it mildly, unusual.

So who knows what he might do.

mcphee1948

War Hero
They'll huff, and they'll puff, and then they'll do nothing except perhaps play more trade war games.
I hope you're right. I was getting somewhat used to the idea of dying from CV-19, but don't welcome the additional hazard of global radioactive fallout from a trans-Pacific USA/ China conflict.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
But is it silly? I mean the USA has a President whose re-election hopes were founded on having presided over a booming US economy, and now the US economy is going down the pan because of this virus.
You notice how the president tried to rename the virus as the "China Virus".

That shows he's really fuming at China. And his behaviour is to put it mildly, unusual.

So who knows what he might do.
Yes, I'm sure that China would start an atomic exchange with the US because Trump was being Trump with his choice of words. 'Fuming' you say? Trump fumes constantly or hadn't you noticed?

mcphee1948

War Hero
Yes, I'm sure that China would start an atomic exchange with the US because Trump was being Trump with his choice of words. 'Fuming' you say? Trump fumes constantly or hadn't you noticed?
Yes, Trump does look a bit magma-ish in complexion.

I'm pretty sure cool China wouldn't start an atomic exchange. But a fuming Trump might, that's my worry.

BTW, do they let Trump carry the nuclear "football" thingy around with him, and is the US administration confident that he knows how to operate it, or indeed, what it is?

Yes, Trump does look a bit magma-ish in complexion.

I'm pretty sure cool China wouldn't start an atomic exchange. But a fuming Trump might, that's my worry.

BTW, do they let Trump carry the nuclear "football" thingy around with him, and is the US administration confident that he knows how to operate it, or indeed, what it is?
If the spetics have any sense, on his first day in office if he'd asked about "da nooks", they would have told him that, on the grounds of national security, he will be briefed on it at the appropriate time. Ideally the person telling him would have massive norks*, to distract the useless waste of flesh.

*Not a North Korean sleeper agent. Obviously.