Chin strap

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by future_rupert, Jan 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a rather broad chin and was wondering how I can get the issue strap to fit a bit better. At the moment it refuses to sit on the corner of the chin and rests like a bearskin's one below my bottom lip, providing no stability and therefore falling down every time I move about. I want to have some ideas before I start cutting it up and destroying it totally. Any takers?
  2. Harry black maskers!
  3. Are you bragging? Are you Desperate Dan? Make sure you exhaust all the adjustment options before you go slicing and dicing - and if you're that odd, ask 'the man' for advice or a spare strap for when you fcuk it up.
  4. Three point adjustment, slightly off topic but studies in the USA and Israel have found three point chinstraps like ours can under certain conditions break your neck!

Also it offers little stability (see helmets pushed right back, big white foreheads exposed) so that the helmet, no matter how good, does not offer the best protection.

They have introduced new four point conversion kits for theirs and casualty rates from head trauma have dropped significantly since doing so.

Reckon we wil get them any time soon? At the cost of conversion (about $4 per helmet) I doubt it. Cheap way of saving a life though isn't it?

5. Actually I am a bit self conscious of it....and now you have made me cry!
  6. Anyone who quotes Robbie feckin Williams in his signature deserves some serious banter.
    You look funny and yer mother dresses you.
  7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I have to agree with my side-shuffling pal here.

You are a very sad cnut for quoting Robbie 'what's wrong with my eyes' Williams.
    Plus you have a deformed heid.
    Even if you never become a rupert at least you can get a job in a freakshow as a John Merrick lookalike.
  8. Go on - post a photo of your chin. I really want to see this chin. Then we can properly advise on the solution.
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Look on Google Earth, it's fairly prominent.

Attached Files:

11. Not quite that bad, but almost! Oh and the quote was meant to be ironic, but then again you numskulls probably didn't get that did you 'cos you can't spell 'head' properly!!! Either that or you are a little ginger scotsman who spells phonetically! Go on banter back or answer the question.
  12. I like him :numberone:
    (not robbie williams)

Take it to a tailors or a saddler see what they can do. there is also some bloke who advertises custom webbing :cyclopsani: on one of these forums I'm sure a custom chinstrap is not too far from their skills.
  13. That showed up my tip-top touch-typing skills, thank you butler!
  14. And what if she did?
  15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

What sort of comeback is that soap-dodger ?
    FFS my mother hasn't dressed me for weeks !

Now stop looking up at the sky as it affects the tides.