Chin in need of assistance?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by fordrick, Apr 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello chaps,

Am aware that this post could possibly belong in Reg Officer Recruiting but here goes! Recently just passed AOSB Briefing and was awarded Cat 2 for medical reasons. However, my ACA recently received my Briefing Report which implied that I should "widen my social circle and encounter more of the world etc" I am basically taking this to mean that I am posh and appear distant and aloof from the realities of life. Therefore my question is this; could any current or past serving officers educate me as to how I could widen my social circle and encounter people from all walks of life?

Kind Regards,

2. Go on the job centre website , check out volunteer jobs and find one thats working with a disadvantaged group i.e the disabled , people from poorer backgrounds etc and have a blast of that. Thats what I would suggets bear in mind im not in the forces.

Alternativly try the wildlife trust and other large volunteer organisations.
  3. Before anyone starts, this thread is not about me.

Many thanks.
  4. Instead of sitting with the other Dukes in the House, try sitting with the life peers. Some of them are fearful oiks, like Tubby Prescott...
  5. Perhaps I should educate the ignorant such as Cuddles - there are no Dukes sitting in the House of Lords. However the fact that for once a genuine sincere comment has been made in reply by jvb1988, I instead will be acting upon his advice.

Kind Regards,

6. What's that got to do with the Chin? I feel cheated.
  7. actually disregard the job centre go with this lot

Find a volunteering opportunity | vinspired

That way you will have something to add to your CV and something to work for , Plus I think the latter stages involve creating your own project base and running it ( again don't quote me)
  8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Hopping for a Arrse meander through the Warring States Period to Unification were we carrots or perhaps Qin Shihuang's descent into madeness and a wander through traditional Chinese medicine, philosophy and alchemy?
  9. If you fancy a little bit of adventure and have the time to spare, you could try VSO.
  10. Jvb1988 once again a sterling post provided, many thanks for you help.

Kind Regards,

11. Actually, some advice on how to get at those hard-to-shave bits...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I have the same problem with my .... oh hang on probably not appropriate in this thread.

Oh and Good Luck fordie
  13. Do a sport or fitness class that gets you interacting with all sorts of different people, while keeping the fitness up.

I met one of my bezzers in the TA from BMF before I joined up!
  14. Really, clever ****?

Then who are these imposters? Someone should let the Earl Marshal know...oh hang on....

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  15. The Duke of Montrose knows a lot about the Chin - he's fluent in Mandarin and also a member of the House of Lords...