Chilwell questions

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by copper_knobblet, Feb 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has been done to death but everyone there must hide every time the phone rings and one number is permanently engaged and nobody replies to my emails or voicemail.

I'm off there very soon. Does anybody know if I can park my car there whilst I'm doing the 12 day course, I'm not going straight on tour so it won't be there longer than I am.

Does anybody know if you get the middle weekend off?

Can they sort out my perscription lenses for my ESS goggles and glasses as my unit deny such things exist but I read on ARRSE they do!

Or better yet, does anybody know how to get hold of them there?! I've tried all the numbers on the RTMC contact web-page.

3. parking is available as many people travel up there from uits that dont provide transport and when i was there, there where briefings in which carpark you was allowed to park in usually the one further most away from the admin and HQ block near the dentist.

i enquired about the inserts for the resi and ess glasses they do exist and chillwell do aplly for them for you but they only turn up if you keep pestering the CoC for them post ordering the only guy i saw that got them though wasa the admin clerk shock horror he was probably the one block who never needed them.

i would bin the idea of trying to get hold of chilwell the people there are great but hard to get hold of and work strict office hours and are always busy mob/demobbing best to turn up then speak to them when you have there complete attention upon mobilising.

if you are being trained by the rtmc staff then you will work sensible hours and 9/10 get the middle weekend off as the staff go home unless you are there as a fromed unit which what usually happens is they run there own training out of hours usally rubbish and pointless just an exercise in time wasting and bad man management.

hope this helps
  4. Yea experienced that one aswell as finishing the training each day and then haveing briefings for the briefings sake.... many pointless as land hadn't decided which unit we were going to yet!!!! :x :x FFS I jst wanted to get drunk
  5. I don't know if this is going to help, but if you're trying to phone the Army (just about anywhere), avoid the following times:

a. Before 08:30
    b. 09:00 - 11:00
    c. 12:00 - 14:00
    d. After 15:30
    e. Monday am
    f. Wednesday pm
    g. Friday pm
    h. Weekends

No, I'm not insinuating that the Army doesn't work much, but these are the times that I've found that people tend not to be at their phones - chasing around before and after breaks etc. Try outside these times and you may have better luck.
  6. Thanks for the answers. Have one more question. My joining instructions say bring "all" issued equipment of which I am in possession.

Are they expecting me to tip up with my sausage bag, wolly pully and long-johns or can I just be sensible in what I take?! I'm not going there in the Tardis...
  7. be sensible