Chilwell deployment medical

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by richy4, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whats the medical like at Chilwell, is it a full on one or just a touch your toes do you have a cold jobie?
  2. Full one. Take your clothes off and everything. Pi$$ in a pot, eyes, hearing, med history tick form, mental health.

3. full medical,

oh and dont forget the dentist as well. make sure your teeth are in good shape before you go. i'd suggest a check up from your own dentist before you go as the dentist at chilwell wont be willing to do much work depending on the size of your course and if anyone else needs work. If i recall correctly the most theyll do is maybe a filling or two, anything more you'll be sent home
  4. I was so worked up about going to the dentist after my medical that my pressure went up above normal, they wanted to see me again the next day to check my blood pressure.

Oh and dont choke the chicken the night before your medical, as you'll get called back the next day to give another urine sample :oops:
  5. Med is the biggest failure of people when they come here,dentist not quite so strict as they will now take pax at dental risk as long as you are not like the Pogues front man!
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

In fact, there is no longer a "dental fail", just a check up to provide the information to allow the acceptance of dental risk, and details taken for forensic purposes.

It is one way of solving the problem of too many people failing the dental inspection - just remove the pass/fail bit! :D
  7. theres a nice S Africaan female doctor there, who's soft hads feel nice on your sac. I asked her to show me how to check for testicular cancer, she was very obliging
  8. Haha yea i had her for my medical as well
  9. It's amazing isn't it? You'd never guess from looking that he's only had the hormone therapy and not the operation yet. It's the Adam's Apple that's the give away though.
  10. Hello mate,

Chilwell for the first couple of days is a bit of a nightmare, because there didnt seem to be any logic in how we did the round robin, I would advise getting med out of the way first purely because if you get all your kit first then end up getting sent home cos you have wisdom teeth problems or other medical conditions you didnt know about you have to hand it back in and the whole thing becomes a big mess. i knew of a few guys this happened to, it might of changed now to be fair. My advice is to be prepared cos it is in my opinion its a very stressful couple of days.
  11. Right you can t get med out of the way first it depends what group you are put in and where your group/individual is told to go first.

The whole 2 days of processing have now been changed and will run much more smoothly.

As long as your are healthy and fit and not a complete f*****g mong like some we get here you ll get through and be accepted,but be warned you need to be fit to pass the AFT/PFA if not its remedial then if your still shit binned!

Also the weight goes up on the AFT from April with an extra 5 kilos!

Get running!
  12. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I'm guessing that he means the ACFT. The ACFT 2 test is a two day event with the 20Km march carrying 30Kg is on the first day. You'll end up doing ACFTs, ICFTs and Swim Tests when you join your battalion as part of pre-deployment anyway.
  13. I did not think RTMC did that?
  14. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Neither did I, but I have no idea what else he could mean.