Chilli sauce

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Wench3000, Apr 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On a recent exercise I took 3 different bottles of chilli with me to put a bit of variation in the Menu A.

The 1st bottle was Nando's garlic chilli. Result, quite tasty but not very spicy.
    The 2cnd bottle was Nando's hot sauce. Not very hot, didn't use much.
    the 3rd bottle was Encona's mild chilli sauce. Very hot and in the right dose, incapacitating.

It seems that the hotter the sauce, the more enjoyable eating rat-packs becomes.

What other good sauces are there out there to stick in yer food? And no, I don't like tadpoles in my scoff!

2. try:

Garlic salt, garlic flakes, Curry powder, jerk seasoning (jamaican not the other), Italian mixed herbs.

3. You can't beat a bit of 'chefs special sauce'!

Warm baby yoghurt and Menu D. Its for winners!

4. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Tabasco - wtf can I get a BIG bottle?
    Encona Thai Style Sweet Chili
    Encona West African

Nando's isn't bad but the stuff they have here is mild compared to the peri-peri back home

Make your own and bottle it - just add more chili/garlic/vinegar as required, after a year or in the bottle becomes a lethal sludge.

Molho De Piri-Piri (Portuguese Hot Red Pepper Sauce)

2 to 6 chili peppers, depending upon their hotness
    1 teaspoon kosher or coarse salt
    1 cup olive oil
    1/3 cup cider vinegar
    (2 cloves crushed garlic)

5. That stuff looks pretty good. Trouble is, its not always easy to find such hardcore sauces in the local tescos.
    I tested the 3 sauces before going in the field and I accidently had so much that I nearly had a panic attack because of the pain. It was like getting a face full of CS.

6. In 97 FHM (I think) did the hottest Chilli sauces, consequently it was every squaddies mission to test them all.

DIS fecking hurts.

7. i have some of that in my cupboard its fcuking IMMENSE!! i once offered a naive mate of mine a cheese sandwich one New Year's Eve and plastered the bread in this stuff, he actually cried tears of pain

8. For a hot , balanced sauce , go to any Korean store and get:

Bibimbap Gochujang (Bibimbap Hot Pepper Paste).

Livens up rice, or anything else for that matter.

9. Anyone remember Zulu Fire Sauce? Awesome don't think you can get it now!

10. Kick Ass Mule sauce is a good one but top tip, do not get it in your eye like I did. It hurt. And that's an understatement.

11. Had a bottle of the stuff smash in my bergan, some how it managed to spread its way through the entire contents, even penetrating my bivvy bag and creeping into my schlaff sack, cue itchy eyes till end ex. To this day im sure i can detect the subtle hint of spice in my bergan.

As for spices, tommy sauce beats them all.

12. get it here

13. [​IMG]

This one's pretty good. ASDA used to stock it - but haven't seen it for a while.

14. Yum. I can't wait to get some more of this stuff and experiment. Has anyone else seen the chilli sauces you get in rat packs now? I appreciate the gesture but its just not hot enough and theres not enough of it.

There should be a reference to chilli sauce in TAMS.