Childrens Cancer Charity Needs Help! (Please!)

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Long_Socks, Aug 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there folks! :D

My name's Lorna and I'm a fundraiser at the KIDSCAN Children's Cancer Research Centre based in Salford (near Manchester).
    The charity's relatively new- it's only been around for 2 and a half years but we've already made massive progress in the field of children's cancer research- Click here and here for news articles! :)

Because we're such a small fundraising team (4 people), it's really difficult to get out there and persuade people to help us raise the funds our scientists need to keep on looking for better treatments for children with cancer! That's why I'm here!

We have a whole array of fantastic fundraising events on the go that we'd really appreciate support for including the usual challenges like Great North Run, 10k Run. whitewater rafting, treks abroad, parachuting and outward bound...and we also have more unusual stuff like FIREWALKING and JAILBREAKING! as well as the usual events like our New Year Ball at Mere Golf Club.

We also hold regular street collections and need LOTS of people to shake tins and buckets, in particular at our football ground collections for which we often need more than 60 collectors at a time!

Even if you can't help, please read about our work and tell your friends/family/colleagues and if you could point me in the direction of people in our area who might be able to help (like local ACFs), we'd be so grateful!

2. Hi im just about to run a race, Tidworth 10k with my wife. We would happily raise funds for you if you send us the relevant info.

We are both from Manchester and this will give us the boost we need.

feel free to pm me