Children in need

just been flicking through the channel and feck me its children in need night, they kept that fucking quiet I haven't seen a single peado in a Pudsey suit or collection bucket all day.

did everyone say well Terry's dead lets not bother?

just been flicking through the channel and feck me its children in need night, they kept that ******* quiet I haven't seen a single peado in a Pudsey suit or collection bucket all day.

did everyone say well Terry's dead lets not bother?
Did you see any married paedos in Pudsey suits? Or any normal (non paedo) single Pudsey people?

Work has provided call centre facilities for CiN again this year and wanted volunteers to man the phones. Fortunately I am not a call centre chicken so don't have to speak to people during the day when they pay me, so why would I want to do it on a Friday night when they don't? As a reward for helping out CiN has provided work with two places in the audience for the second half of the show, with transport to London and accommodation thrown in. They were offered as a competition prize but I didn't enter as knowing my luck I'd have won it.

I saw some poor sod in a Pudsey outfit doing the rounds in the office again today, but we don't seem to be making such a big thing of it at work this year as it seems to have clashed with collecting for some local kid to have an operation. Anyway, they didn't get a penny off me again - our area's charity coordinator knows not to approach me for money.

Work has provided call centre facilities for CiN again this year and wanted volunteers to man the phones. Fortunately I am not a call centre chicken so don't have to speak to people during the day when they pay me, so why would I want to do it on a Friday night when they don't? As a reward for helping out CiN has provided work with two places in the audience for the second half of the show, with transport to London and accommodation thrown in. They were offered as a competition prize but I didn't enter as knowing my luck I'd have won it.

I saw some poor sod in a Pudsey outfit doing the rounds in the office again today, but we don't seem to be making such a big thing of it at work this year as it seems to have clashed with collecting for some local kid to have an operation. Anyway, they didn't get a penny off me again - our area's charity coordinator knows not to approach me for money.
the chief exec of CiN make's £115k a year not bad for getting sap's in the general public to do all the work for you and just throw out a few cheques to a few good photo opps (sorry I mean good causes)

I guess that five posts in two days is a good reflection on peoples views on charity fatigue and/or the BBC.

They won't get a penny out of me either way.

I don't donate to Children in Need because I fucking hate kids.

I fucking love kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one.

I got a bit of flak for posting this on FB, some f**king hilarious comments about being a miserable shite...guilty yer 'onour.

15095471_10154839448694604_3671641073729677026_n.jpg

I don't donate to Children in Need because I ******* hate kids.
Perhaps a 'donation' to the lcoal sperm bank would do.... they are getting short of 'spaff' that they need new volunteers...

Perhaps a 'donation' to the lcoal sperm bank would do.... they are getting short of 'spaff' that they need new volunteers...
I never volunteer for anything. It's a rule I have.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

But rather than raise the ire of @The_Snail I thought I would add this.

Just watching the BBC Ramble for CinN. Now normally when one sees a call for donations through your mobile it is sonethung like text this number to donate £2 or £3 or sometimes £5.

BBC Ramble it is £20 ! :eek: I wonder how many parents will be wondering why their mobile bill is so high next time.

If you want to donate £20, look up the link yourself, I ain't gonna put it up!

I really don't have a problem with CiN, what really gets my hackles up is, they run alternately Red Nose / Sport Relief one part of the year, then CiN end of the year. But why- o- why does it have to be on top of the Poppy Appeal.
I've been volunteering, selling Poppy's only to be told no end of times "we only do CiN"! :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Only ever donated once and that was when the kids were much younger.
Then got fed up with the business centre charity Nazis. Luckily our current office is in an annex from the main building so they tend to forget that we're here.

Poppies bought this year and on mine & SWMBO's jackets.

Must admit to charity fatigue. Last few weeks I've got an old mate raising money for Alzheimers research, someone in the office collecting for a local hospice, local food bank have been in, one of our customers doing a charity bike ride for something or other and a couple of others that I have been avoiding.

With DN Jnr1 at university and DN Jnr2 looking to go in 18 months, I'm not exactly flush with cash.

2018 update.
It's all kicking off again. Half the local news and straight in on the fecking awful "One Show"

Charideed out, bored.

No interested, can't be bothered and would like to smash Graham Norton in the mush with a brabed wire wrapped baseball bat. And the bleedin awful talentless Mel Giedroyc.

Ah well, time to catch up on a few good books and the CD collection.

Last edited:
2018 update.
It's all kicking off again. Half the local news and straight in on the fecking awful "One Show"

Charideed out, bored.

No interested, can't be bothered and would like to smash Graham Norton in the mush with a brabed wire wrapped baseball bat. And the bleedin awful talentless Mel Giedroyc.

Ah, well time to catch up on a few good books and the CD collection.
To be fair, they pinged Savile early doors and banned him from participating.

I'll still be chucking a few bob in the hat, but ALL those millions donated and have they really made a difference? Not to the kids of wastrels on the same street. Perhaps it's only kids of "Stars" that qualify for the money. :cool: