Children’s Sopwith Camel build.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How on earth does lu stock spad? Surely the train stop kicks in?
Reset tripcock and carry on, keeping the Ringpiece squeaky clean in case bosses decide to download on train data system. Obvs couldn't do this at a semi-auto, could lead to lack of certain privileges such as right to work or right to live!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm beginning to worry that young master Ravers may be the most adult of this party
You’re talking to a bloke who spent most of the summer building a 1/3ish scale toy plane.
B7D3478E-B34F-436E-A6D1-814347595658.jpeg

On my 7th launch - with a new instructor (to me) - I had a cable break at 350 feet. My log says I was flying a Let L-13 Blanik

Now we'd been through the CBSIFTECB before launch and I was quite aircraft savvy even in those days, so I did the right stuff, pulled the big yellow toggle above my left hand hard twice to get rid of the cable and stuffed the nose down. I'm now at 350 feet and 40 kias (stall being 36 kts 2 up) and desperately wondering what to do next.

The instructor obviously thinking that I'm more experienced than I am says in a very relaxed manner, "nicely done, it's all yours".

Fortunately followed by a quick look at the altimeter and "ok, I have control", which I happily relinquished at that point.

Controls
Ballast
Straps
Instruments
Flaps
Trim
Eventualities
Canopy
Brakes

Not wanting to put ideas in heads but, are these legal here?

I sooooo want to fly something powered by chainsaws.
probably, via the LAA and it's got a half-VW engine. All aluminium riveted construction, using a lot of pop rivets and a small amount of aircraft formed rivets on the spars.

probably, via the LAA and it's got a half-VW engine. All aluminium riveted construction, using a lot of pop rivets and a small amount of aircraft formed rivets on the spars.
Also small and cute does not allways equate to forgiving for novices.
the scariest 4 mins of my life involved flying a Columban cri cri the length of manstons runway.
never again thank you.

the scariest 4 mins of my life involved flying a Columban cri cri the length of manstons runway.
never again thank you.
Manston has an 8 mile runway?

Or did it just seem like 4 minutes?

Manston has an 8 mile runway?

Or did it just seem like 4 minutes?
The 4 mins was me trying not to hyperventilate and over correct.
Off the ground and just out of ground effect it was insanely unstable in all 3 axies. It took half the available to get the little bastard steady and then I had a really hard one to answer. The owner ( and the emperor Pboh) wanted me to fly a couple of circuits. Or I could just try and get the bloody thing back on 3 wheels on terra firma.
it took a moment to decide on the latter, and Neil Armstrong wasn’t concentrating any harder than me when he did his big landing.
There was indeed still quite a bit of runway left when I turned off, but I sure as hell wasnt going to be needing it !!.

PFGEN

GCM
never again thank you.
That's just a bath chair with a few sticky out bits. Here's the basic fuselage construction:

IMG_1374.jpg

I'm usually up for trying most things but I think I'd pass on one of these coffins.

My dash panel plans for tomorrow have gone to ratshit.
just had a phone call from Wayne at my old mob, enteritis is rife and they were 6 drivers down today and could I please pretty please help them out.
so mathew tomorrow I’m going to be a hairy arsed truck driver.
oh well

There was a French guy at Sywell a few years ago that used a rope to start his CriCri. Poke rope into hole in the crankshaft, wind prop by hand until rope goes tight, turn on the mags, pull rope! Then go and do the other side.

I've heard that there is a jet CriCri!

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk