Children’s Sopwith Camel build.

2Maybe I was just gifted.

24 launches. Last 3 solo.
That's some going for a single day. I thought I was lucky to get in four launches in a day, such was the queue of other cadets waiting their turn.......and that was with a mix of six Sedburgh/Cadet MKIIIs.

IIRC, when I done my gliding at Ouston (1964), the rule was 25 duals minimum before first solo, and then three solos to get the 'A' and 'B'. T'was a while ago, so I might be talking rowlocks.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Right from the start the instructor insisted we land as close as possible to the winch hook.
So that's what he called it.

ugly

LE
3 years after qualifying as an Instructor Operator on London Underground, I was showing off to some newbies in the simulator room and managed a SPAD (Signal Passed at Danger) and a Leading Unit Derailment within 2 minutes. There was quite a hesitation when I asked for a volunteer to accompany on a real train in service!
How on earth does lu stock spad? Surely the train stop kicks in?

Truxx

LE
IIRC, when I done my gliding at Ouston (1964), the rule was 25 duals minimum before first solo, and then three solos to get the 'A' and 'B'. T'was a while ago, so I might be talking rowlocks.
This must haver been about 1974. So might have been more launches but definitely 3 solos

A while ago indeed.

Just re wireing the dash of one of my old machines I used to rent out to students, I’ve got one more days work on it ( Friday hopefully) and then it’s to permit.
If truxx or ravers lad want a go from bedlands gate near Newby I’d be delighted to oblige.( I used to teach on chevvron s so I appreciate gliding. But a flying series one Land Rover with a big eff off two stroke nailed on the front is a hoot on its own.)
x-air 582 google it.

Truxx

LE
Just re wireing the dash of one of my old machines I used to rent out to students, I’ve got one more days work on it ( Friday hopefully) and then it’s to permit.
If truxx or ravers lad want a go from bedlands gate near Newby I’d be delighted to oblige.( I used to teach on chevvron s so I appreciate gliding. But a flying series one Land Rover with a big eff off two stroke nailed on the front is a hoot on its own.)
x-air 582 google it.
Love to !!!!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Likewise.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
To be honest, my lad would be content with a nose around your hangar and a sit in a plane so he can make noises and flick switches.

To be honest, my lad would be content with a nose around your hangar and a sit in a plane so he can make noises and flick switches.
An old instructor friend of mine ( sadly no more) used to have a big badge on his flying suit with “ if in doubt, DONT TOUCH THE RED SWITCHES. Emblazoned on it .

ill give you and true a shout when it’s operational ( and the weather is stable).

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
An old instructor friend of mine ( sadly no more) used to have a big badge on his flying suit with “ if in doubt, DONT TOUCH THE RED SWITCHES. Emblazoned on it .

ill give you and true a shout when it’s operational ( and the weather is stable).
On the bridge of most warships there is a red phone that goes directly to Whitehall.

Under pain of death the first thing you are told is never touch the captain’s red phone.

So I’m showing some bird around the ship once (of course I nailed her....what?) and she goes straight for the red phone, picking it up and pretending to have a conversation down it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Which is fine until several missiles disappear into the distance! :) OK not exactly the scenario but a what if!

Which is fine until several missiles disappear into the distance! :) OK not exactly the scenario but a what if!
Afternoon AY
you haven’t seen just how low tech my x air dash is have you ?

though many years ago when I used to test pilot for Hornets of Bradford they built a “ special” all Matt dark green trike and wing, with 4 LAW (10’s I think), mounted on 2pylons.
once they had built it and I’d flown it with inert ones fitted to prove structural integrity and handling was acceptable. The spoilsports took it off me.!
boscombe had it next I believe .

When I was at school we went on a visit to a power station control room, the minute the guide turned his back we pressed every switch and pulled every lever we could get out hands on.

I like to think they are still trying to get back to default settings 40 years layer.

Latest Threads