Children’s Sopwith Camel build.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Your lad certainly has the hunter look about him
View attachment 399297

You will need to paint some of his "kills" under the cockpit lip! Not swastikas or rising sun but something hates or dislikes intensely.
Broccoli

Essential reading for the young aviator

1560812970465.png

You need some Cooper bombs...and a belt of 'Buckingham'

1560813523597.png
Bristol F2 fighter with 8 Cooper bombs loaded on underwing pylons

It's already essence,BTW :)

Last edited:
Going from the likely age of Ravers' whippersnapper vegetables is a good shout for a pet hate (especially sprouts, the foetid balls of Satan).

Also:
his sister
homework
baths (doubly so after getting amusingly muddy)
school
bedtime
grandparents tugging cheeks and saying "My, haven't you grown"

although that last one is going to be difficult to turn into a kill count sticker

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Going from the likely age of Ravers' whippersnapper vegetables is a good shout for a pet hate (especially sprouts, the foetid balls of Satan).

Also:
his sister
homework
baths (doubly so after getting amusingly muddy)
school
bedtime
grandparents tugging cheeks and saying "My, haven't you grown"

although that last one is going to be difficult to turn into a kill count sticker
1560840317572.png

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@Ravers you've done a blood good job of that. Well done to you sir and can I borrow it to push Mrs Smeg off along the White cliffs of Dover?

I heard that the origin of the word “WAFU” (nickname for members of the Fleet Air Arm) is “Wire And Float User”.

No idea if it’s true.
I got told it stood for Weapon And Fuel Users, and was marked on overalls.

How does a 'no fat dominatrix' sign help? That is a silhouette of a fat woman with a whip, no?

Anyway - if you have seen the film Flight Of The Intruder you might remember the scene where Grafton, Cole, Box, etc have liberty in the Philippines, and there was sort sort of 'carrier landing' game where hopefuls try to catch the wire or else they get thrown in water (allegedly based on a real thing)? Maybe you could move on to that in a few years.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
For kill marks, maybe print off a set of stickers of Fokker Triplanes, preferably pointed nose down....or maybe even a few of those stick-on bullet holes.
I think stick on bullet holes is a great idea.

Lloyd loom chair ( child's for the use of)
I used to have one as a sprog.
That's the badger for a seat.
As an aside I'm quite envious of a plane mad son.
I have 3 toys (and another 10 I could fly if I asked nicely and put the fuel in,) and three daughters that as yet despite flying the eldest two since they were four years old, show not the slightest interest in becoming aviatorixes.
I’m going to give them another go this summer and if still no interest I may have to thin the toy stable out and build the mehimsahib an extension....
Bugger.
I was at Brooklands at the weekend - with a variety of senior reps from the heritage world. The one area where there is serious concern that no-one is coming into the "hobby" is vintage aircraft.

Anyway I thought that I would be a clever shite and sneak a look at the Camel that they have there, and in particular its cowl.
20190617_083542_HDR.jpg

Drat Red Baron. Foiled again....

Deac sadly. But cool nonetheless.
You need a holiday here, they've knocked it down to 4,000 rpm I think but it's still expensive.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I was at Brooklands at the weekend - with a variety of senior reps from the heritage world. The one area where there is serious concern that no-one is coming into the "hobby" is vintage aircraft.

Anyway I thought that I would be a clever shite and sneak a look at the Camel that they have there, and in particular its cowl. View attachment 399485

Drat Red Baron. Foiled again....
You didn’t nick a real one for me did you?

Just a thought, if you haven’t started it yet and it’s not too much trouble, any chance we could add an extra 5-10cm to the overall diameter? So 65-70cm diameter, 40cm deep and 40cm diameter hole.

No worries if not. Just looking at pics I reckon my feed bin is a bit puny. It’s currently 55 x 35 x 35.

Ravers, when you inevitably build your own 'grownup' version with a go-kart engine for dogfighting while shouting "dakkadakkadakka!" and ambushing the pheasants, is there any scope for using a paintball gun as the main armament?

The big ammunition hopper could probably be disguised as the drum in a Lewis gun. Now I think of it, this has definite potential for stag dos.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joshua Slocum The Book Club 0
Forces Pension Society Armed Forces Pension Scheme 0