Childcare vouchers

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by whitemouse75, May 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Can we access this scheme now that JPA has arrived? i know that some sections of the MOD can, and anything that gives me more money is a good thing!
  2. I get these in my civi job and it saves me some serious wedge, would be good to find out as I'm due to be mobilised
  3. This is also known as a salary sacrifice scheme whereby an employee can opt to receive a reduced cash salary in return for childcare vouchers. These vouchers can be used to pay for childcare with registered providers – this includes nurseries, child minders, before and after school clubs, au pairs and holiday clubs. Up to £55 per week can be claimed in vouchers and both parents can claim if their employers run such a scheme. NHS workers, teachers and police officers are all currently able to take advantage of a salary sacrifice scheme.

    The MoD has its own scheme in the pipeline which will be open to all servicemen and women. According to the latest news, the scheme will be launched once JPA is up and running successfully. This is envisaged to be late 2007.

    The main benefits are the tax and NIC savings made on reduced salary, although whether this is worth your while depends on individual family circumstances. To give an example, someone with an annual salary of £10k - £33k could save almost £500 per year based on monthly childcare costs of £100.

    If you would like further information, there is a factsheet available at Regular updates on the launch date are available on the Service Families Task Force newsletter which you can access via the AFF website.
  4. thanks, i'll give it another 12 months then.
  5. Just found this:

    The News

    Chapter and Verse

    Basically it starts on 10th Dec, Email your details to and they will send you an application pack when available.

    Point to note:
    It's employee based not child based so if you have more than 1 rug-rat your entitlement doesn't go up. However(!) if you are both serving, or your spouse is employed in a job that supports this scheme (i.e. civil service) you can both use the scheme and get double the vouchers.