Childcare Vouchers

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by paul2005, Feb 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was hopeing someone in the know could advise me, if as a serving soldier with a wife in full time employment in UK if I can claim childcare vouchers for my 2 children in daycare.

Has the system caught up modern employee benefits yet? When I quizzed a 'pay' clerk this morning, he's eye's glazed over, rolled into the back of his head and the computer said no!! So I am unsure.
  2. I cant remember the specifics, but there was a feature in Soldier about this a while back - i do remember the jist being something like "its being looked at by MOD"
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Strange that the rest of government service personel can claim it and HM Forces can't.

Any chance- next years pay review add on as an alternative way of being paid? Good way to save on tax.
  4. Can't speak for the Army now as I am "retired" but as your wife is in full time emplyment she is also entilted to ask her employer if they are part of, or willing to be part of, a childcare voucher scheme. Both partners can independantly opt to take childcare vouchers up to the maximum limit (£50/week?).

May be worth a lot of people shouting loudly for HM Forces to opt in to the scheme!

I get them through my employer and as a high rate tax payer it's a winner! Just wish my partners company did it as well.

Also, don't forget that starting the term after they turn 3 you are entitled to some rebate of chilcare costs through the govornment. Speak to the nursery etc and they should have all the details etc.

A few vaguely useful sites: HM Revenue & Customs - Childcare

5. It is another wait for JPA situation, curent Pay systems cannot deal with Salary sarifice but JPA should (we hope) be able to cope.
  6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Are you saying that we are waiting for JPA before we implement a buy in to this scheme? Has the decision already been made to do so? You infer it has.

If so will the system backdate claims to the time that the decision was made once JPA is up and running or am I just being waaaay too optimistic?
  7. No, what i am saying is that our present system cannot cope with salary sacrifice but Oracle HRMS could so those facitlities may be made available.
  8. Five years on, I doubt the OP is going to be that bothered....

9. I am sure that the OP now knows, but before TomHill's outrage gets too much.

The answer is that childcare vouchers for HM Forces are adminstered by sodexho, are easy and are worth the effort.