Childcare help could be illegal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, Sep 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to Ofstead.. baby-sitting is now illegal unless people register as a childminder. What next, people having to register with the RSPCA to dog sit??? :roll:

Parents in England who regularly look after friends' children and receive a "reward" for doing so must register as childminders, regulator Ofsted says.

It said most parents would be exempt but those who babysat for more than two hours at a time, or for more than 14 days per year, should be registered.

The "reward" could be money or free baby-sitting in return, it said.

The warning comes after Ofsted told two policewomen to end an arrangement to care for each other's children.

According to the Mail on Sunday, Ofsted told two detective constables, Leanne Shepherd, from Milton Keynes, and Lucy Jarrett, from Buckingham, to end their arrangement.

Ms Shepherd told the newspaper: "When the Ofsted inspector turned up, the first thing she said was: 'I have had a report that you're running an illegal childminding business'.

"I straightaway thought she must be mistaken, so invited her into my home to explain we were police officers and best friends helping each other out.

"But she told me I was breaking the law and must end the arrangement with Lucy immediately.
  2. so your saying the half bottle of happy shopper value vodka and 10 B&H in exchange is a bad thing?
  3. S0d em. Enough people say "ram it" and they won't have the resources to cope. Same with any other area of Stasi intrusion that depends upon the compliance of the citizen.

Looks like the government is performing a U-turn anyway.
  4. Along with anybody else who lives in or regularly stays at the home.
    And have insurance.
    And have interlinking smoke alarms (you know, not the cheap/free ones).
    And have a selection of ethnically diverse toys.
    And be inspected regularly by someone who hasn't got a clue about safety (or has kids).
    And have a bed for the minded children (if they're less than a certain age).
    And .....
  5. It tells a story when two serving Police officers don't know when they're breaking the law!

Nulab have had 12 years, beavering away bringing in petty, knee jerk, nanny state sh!te to supposedly 'make our lives better'. Don't think comrade, do as the state says, we know best. And all this from a bunch of thieves, rouges and liars who are the biggest criminals of the lot!
  6. to me its the same level non story as the one where all single mothers can CRB check their new blokes, at the end of the day how many chav mums are going to check?
  7. Cow

Cow LE

Would you have known! I'm pretty sure there is a difference between Civil and Criminal Law which this would appear to be the case here. We need to feck this un-elected PM off and have a vote to get the next bunch of muppets in to sort out some common sense laws that work for the people not against them.
  8. That's what I mean. A sad day when so many stupid, pointless laws are in force that the Police can't keep up. What is it 3,600 new offences since they came to power or something like that? Nulab need to stop making new laws (or preferably the whole lot of them feck off with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver and retire to their studys!).

Unfortunately I can't see the next government binning all this legislation, once it's there it's there!
  9. Cow

Cow LE

Neither can I. Shame ain't it, what use to be a country that everyone looked up to is now a joke. Benefit system which can be abused by anyone and everyone and laws which work against the very people they're there to protect/help.

Damm advisors recomending things to the government, they think it's a good idea and don't research/backup with evidence (Where've we seen that before!) bring into law and then sit back and think 'ah, ops, oh well' guess we'll have to live with it.

10. Yep, they even passed a law making it illegal to set off a nuclear explosion in the UK without a licence from the Home Secretary! 8O 8O 8O
  11. Wouldn't that be covered by "conspiracy to cause explosions"?
  12. So, hypothetically speaking, who would I have to apply to if I wanted to detonate a small devise in say, Slough?
  13. Cow

Cow LE

I wonder which of the laws they've passed are already covered by legislation but the Police don't have the resources to enforce? Stable door jobbie, quick, someones got away with doing something, make a law then the next time they do it we can arrest them for it. Mobile phone ban while driving for example. Already covered by a couple of laws but not really enforced as the Traffic Cops were off dealing with domestics etc.
  14. Cow

Cow LE

15. Clearly Slough is an exception.

With thanks to Wikipedia
    1937: The poet John Betjeman wrote his poem Slough as a protest against the new town and 850 factories that had arisen in what had been formerly a rural area, which he considered an onslaught on the rural lifestyle:

Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough
    It isn't fit for humans now
    There isn't grass to graze a cow.
    Swarm over, death!

The Russian KGB secret service made detailed 1:10,000 maps of most urban areas of the UK, but did not bother to make a map of Slough